Research Technician II
We are currently seeking a talented Research Technician to join our research lab at Texas Children's Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine. This individual will work as part of a highly talented team of immunologists and synthetic biologists to help develop new treatments for multiple pediatric cancers using cutting-edge technology. We will provide a supportive yet stimulating environment with opportunity for professional growth. The lab focuses on research in cancer immunology and immunotherapy by performing a variety of techniques - including molecular biology, genetics, synthetic biology and next-generation sequencing.
- Assist with molecular biology experiments and general lab organization
- Apply molecular techniques such as PCR, restriction digest, gel electrophoresis and isothermal assembly to create constructs to be tested for cancer immunotherapy
- Order reagents needed for experiments
- Maintain lab stocked and organize reagents
- Maintain online laboratory notebook
- Organize bench space
- Prepare bacterial culture media and glassware using an autoclave
- Participate in weekly lab meetings
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
- At least one year of relevant experience in molecular biology
- Experience with cloning, PCR, qPCR, gel electrophoresis, restriction digestion, ligations, cell culture
- Should be highly motivated and ambitious, organized and anticipate problems, eager to take ownership of projects, and willing to work with collaborators in a team
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston