Senior Grant Administration Associate
Internal Title: Senior Research Administration Associate
External Title: Senior Grant Administration Associate
This position is within the the newly created Center for Alzheimer's and Neurodegenerative Diseases (CAND) of Baylor College of Medicine. CAND will collaborate with and enhance current programs in clinical care, clinical translational research and education on Alzheimer's Disease and Neurodegneration. CAND will also unify and enhance complementary programs at Baylor and within the Texas Medical Center and work to establish an NIH-funded Alzheimer's Disease Research Center at Baylor. This position will implement pre-award and post-award grant activities for the new center.
Contribute to the strategic efforts and lead implementation for pre-award and/or post award grant activities and programs.
* Coordinate development and submission of grant applications across departments working with the center.
* Work with the Office of Clinical Research to negotiate and budget new clinical trial agreements.
* Track budgets and expenditures on grants and contracts awarded through the center.
* Develop reports on grant and contract activity to share with center leadership.
* Work closely with the Office of Research and Department of Neurology to plan and coordinate activities of the center.
* During the start up phase of the center, this position may provide additional pre and post award activities for other areas, coordinated by the Office of Research.
- Bachelor's degree
- Four years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree
- Certified Research Administrator Certification (NCURA)
- Experience in research administration and working knowledge of laws, regulations, and policies affecting research grant/contract acquisition and compliance
- Knowledge of budgeting and budget development
- Analytical skills with an in depth knowledge of information
systems and technical expertise with Microsoft Office products
including advanced Excel
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.