Research Technician II
The Research Technician will conduct day-to-day research protocols in support of a variety of human models of disease. Accordingly, the ideal candidate should possess knowledge in neurobiology and cell culture techniques.
- Develops and maintains human cell models in vitro.
- Prepares and conducts laboratory research experiments, including cell culture and basic molecular biology techniques (cloning, Western blotting, PCR, etc.).
- Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, and organization of data.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Maintains clear communication with all team members and collaborators regarding mutual expectations.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for correcting any problems.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Performs literature searches and prepares literature reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
- Master's degree
- One year of relevant experience in a health care setting
- Must be motivated and organized; ready to join a highly collaborative team
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- This position requires interpersonal skills necessary to coordinate team-based research studies
- Work is located in a busy core facility where there are potential exposures to blood borne pathogens (blood and/or other potentially infectious materials), drugs, and chemicals
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston