Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies (TLOS) seeks two Instructional Designers to join the team dedicated to advancing quality and innovation in technology-enhanced courses delivered in online, hybrid, flipped, traditional classroom, and multi-modal formats. Reporting to the Director of Instructional Design and Development, this position will work with other instructional designers, media developers, and instructional technologists to assist faculty in the design and development of courses and programs. Through individual consultation and course development projects, the instructional designer will meet regularly with faculty, develop media and learning objects, and match faculty with appropriate TLOS-related resources. Instructional designers encourage and support faculty as they blend technology and effective pedagogy in the courses that contribute to Virginia Tech’s reputation for excellence in education.
- Master’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, or related field, or bachelor’s degree and work experience equivalent to an advanced degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design theory and instructional design models, as well as outcomes-based assessment and online teaching strategies.
- Experience in the design and development of instructional materials and media, interactive learning experiences, and assessments for a range of learning environments, including online and traditional classroom settings.
- Project management experience, including ability to collaborate with subject matter experts to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work with all constituents in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working with interactive media, simulations, and games for education.
- Demonstrated creativity, skill, and experience in multimedia design and web page creation.
- Demonstrated ability to construct and deliver professional development related to course design and development.
- Successful history of working with faculty to design and develop effective technology-enhanced courses in higher education.
- Experience with educational research, with the ability to identify research topics, appropriate methods, data collection, and analysis.
- Teaching experience, ideally in higher education.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Brittany Kessler at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: October 6, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Education Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Instructional Technology & Design Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg