Course Developer, Computer Technology (multiple PT Hourly/Temp positions)
Rowan University Division of Global Learning and Partnerships is seeking a seasoned professional in the field of computer technology to lead the development, implementation, launching, and teaching of a new program in partnership with Rowan College of South Jersey (RCSJ), BS in Computer Technology.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Academic Innovation in Rowan Global Learning and Partnerships, this individual will be responsible for drafting curriculum for this program, including writing and finalizing the program’s white paper, working with constituents on the curriculum proposal, developing courses, and making any necessary program changes and revisions during the program proposal process. In addition, the course developer could potentially teach courses in the Computer Technology program once it is launched, and work with Rowan College of South Jersey (RCSJ) and Rowan University to plan for future cohorts in this program.
- Candidate must possess a master’s degree in a technology-related industry, such as a master’s in computer science, cyber security, data analytics, or computer engineering.
- Candidate must possess relevant industry certifications, including but not limited to Cisco, Microsoft, Machine Learning, Oracle, A+, Web, Linux, and cyber security certifications, and have a strong working knowledge of the requirements for these certifications.
- 10 or more years working in a technologically-related industry, specifically in a leadership capacity.
- Strong familiarity and understanding of the “soft” skills (critical thinking, communication, emotional intelligence, leadership, diversity and inclusion, etc.) and “hard” skills (networking, software management, cyber security, etc.) required in technologically-related fields.
- Strong understanding of current trends and labor market needs of computer and technology industries.
- Strong writing and communication skills. Experience with academic writing and reporting highly preferred.
- Preference will be given to applicants with previous teaching experience at the college level, specifically online teaching experience, and experience with developing curriculum in the field of computer technology, and favorable recommendations from references.
Salary commensurate with experience.
The application must be submitted through our online application system.
To apply, submit a cover letter and a detailed resume including a statement of teaching interests and experience, and names/contact information of two references.
These positions are available for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 Semesters.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
Rowan University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. For the complete Rowan University non-discrimination and affirmative action policy see: https://sites.rowan.edu/equity/_docs/policies/eeo-statement.pdf.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro