We are encouraging applications for a new Postdoctoral Researcher to work on the research and development of aqueous redox flow batteries for grid-scale energy storage. The anticipated start date is between October 2020 and February 2021.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Located in the Renewable and Sustainable Energy Institute(RASEI), the Marshak Research Group focuses on the synthesis of revolutionary molecules and materials with applications in increased efficiency and sustainable energy.
Specifically, our group researches fundamental and applied coordination chemistry, which describes the interactions of metal ions with organic and inorganic ligands. https://www.colorado.edu/marshakgroup/
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Synthesis of metal chelate electrolyte.
- Assembly and testing of flow battery cells.
- Data analysis and presentation.
- Writing publications and reports.
What You Should Know
Must be authorized to live and work in the US.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Groundbreaking. Be Proactive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
Ph.D. in chemistry, materials science, chemical or mechanical engineering, or related field.
What You Will Need
- Proven experimental skills.
- Dedication to meeting project deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience in the operation of flow batteries, fuel cells, or electrochemical devices.
- Experience in electrochemical analysis or battery testing techniques (CV, RDE, EIS).
- Experience in solution-phase inorganic synthesis (aqueous or non-aqueous), air-free synthetic techniques (glovebox/Schlenk techniques).
- Experience in electrical instruments and sensor wiring.
- Experience in analysis of coordination complexes by spectroscopy and X-ray diffraction.
- Experience working safely in a chemical laboratory.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (Not Confidential) - Please combine both letters into One (1) PDF and upload.
- Professional Publications
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder