Financial Services Specialist
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Financial Services Specialist will participate in the daily function of the Division of Operational Excellence with a primary focus on the administration of Student Accounts, by providing service and support to all Maryville University students, the Maryville community, and external partners and agencies.
• Provide customer service support by responding to incoming email requests, Salesforce cases, and phone coverage. Advising students and families on payment options, plans, outstanding balances, and refunds.
• Disburse financial aid (daily) in coordination with the Financial Aid office. Ensure accounts are accurately updated upon the completion of the Return of Title IV process, students receive updated statements, and holds are placed in a timely manner.
• Manage Payment Plan set up, give access to deferred payment plans based on review of student-submitted documentation
• Issue electronic billing statements (weekly) and ensure paper statements are mailed to withdrawn students.
• Process requests for itemized statements for employer payment or reimbursement. Process University Tuition Waivers, working in conjunction with Human Resources Office.
• Assist in cashiering and banking functions.
• Process Returned and unsuccessful payments and refunds.
• Process miscellaneous charges (Book charges, unreturned course materials, iPad fines, etc.)
• Review enrollment and financial aid eligibility to process Book Voucher requests, communicate with M store regarding book voucher processing.
• Assist with Department and Division communications to students. May include assisting in phone coverage, email responses, etc.
• Provide other administrative and student support as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional/technical experience with cashiering, students accounts, or bookkeeping
• Knowledge of federal, state, and private rules, regulations, and guidelines governing Cash Management.
• Familiarity with accounting principles
• Basic knowledge of the interrelationship among education information centers (i.e., Registrar’s Office, Cashier’s Office, Admissions Office)
• Knowledge of Colleague Student, Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar’s screens
• Knowledge of computers and computer software (Word and Excel)
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate technical details to non-technical staff in an understandable way and to actively listen to all parties
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects; ability to multi-task
• Ability to be adaptable, intuitive, and flexible
• Strong sense of initiative; self-starter
• Ability to meet strict deadlines
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: October 06, 2020
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur