Strategic Data Analyst
As a member of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) at Dixie State University (DSU), this position works collaboratively to understand, develop, and support institutional reporting, data, and analytical needs. The individual will develop dashboards, web applications, and other tools for campus-wide use. The position will provide analytical support across all areas of the institution; the individual will contribute to the development of a culture of inquiry and data-informed decision making at DSU. Information about OIE can be found online at https://ir.dixie.edu/ .
- Collaborate with other OIE team members to identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Maintain SQL queries that support the OIE data pipeline.
- Retrieve, integrate and validate data from diverse datasets, including internal administrative systems.
- Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- Collaborate with other OIE team members to analyze, curate, and present data from a variety of sources.
- Develop dashboards, web applications, and other interactive tools to facilitate decision-making and information sharing.
- Understand and apply data management techniques and practices to ensure clear and accurate solutions.
- Occasionally assist with compliance reporting to state and federal agencies that are required for federal funding, participation in student financial aid programs, and other statutory or regulatory obligations (e.g. IPEDS, State Reporting, NCAA, Student Right to Know disclosures).
- Support the evolving mission of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness by participating in a variety of projects and serving on institutional committees as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Two or more years of successful work experience in a data-intensive environment required; experience working in higher education or other closely-related field preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with retrieving data using SQL; familiarity with data warehousing concepts.
- Demonstrated understanding of complex administrative information systems and related business principles.
- Experience with Python or R.
- Experience translating business questions and requirements into reports, views, and other solutions.
- Familiarity with designing data visualization.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Full-time professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of $50,000+, depending on qualifications & experience. Excellent benefits package included (see https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee- benefits/ under "Example of DSU Benefits" for more details). Start date is negotiable and will be mutually determined by the incumbent and the institution.Individuals located outside the St. George area but within the state of Utah, interested in remote work arrangements, are invited to apply; this position is not necessarily location-dependent.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins October 21, 2020 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to providing students with an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles) with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State currently has approximately 12,000 students and has been a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education over the last several years. We offer over 210 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - firstname.lastname@example.org , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - email@example.com , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, email@example.com , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George