Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Posting Number F0733P Working Title Director of Undergraduate Admissions Department Central HR HR Search Group About the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia ( UGA ), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education ( http://www.uga.edu/ ). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 2,000 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,000 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 39,000 students, including approximately 30,000 undergraduates and over 9,000 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.
About the College/Unit/Department
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions received over 30,000 applications last year for first-year and transfer students. Of the approximately 13,000 first-year students admitted each fall, about 5,600 enroll. The Office also oversees a number of scholarships and the orientation programs for both, first-year and transfer students. Additional information about the Office of Undergraduate Admissions is located at https://www.admissions.uga.edu/.
College/Unit/Department website https://www.admissions.uga.edu/ Posting Type External Retirement Plan TRS or ORP Employment Type Employee Benefits Eligibility Benefits Eligible Underutilization Advertised Salary Commensurate with Experience Anticipated Start Date 04/01/2021 Effective End Date (for Limited-Term postings) Job Posting Date 10/05/2020 Job Closing Date Open until filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicant screening will begin immediately. Candidates are encouraged to submit their materials by Thursday, December 10, 2020; however, screening will continue until the position is filled. The application packet should include a cover letter detailing how the applicant’s credentials and experience meet the needs, responsibilities, and qualifications stated in the posting; a current resume; and contact information for three references (who will not be contacted without further correspondence with the applicant).
To request a descriptive Opportunity Profile for this position, provide a nomination, or seek additional information, please contact Damla Williams, Primary Consultant with the UGA Search Group, at 706-542-7344 or email@example.com. Letters of recommendation or a simple nomination should include the name and contact information for the nominee.
Location of Vacancy Athens Area EEO Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Classification Title Chief Enrollment Services Officer FLSA Faculty Rank Administrative Faculty Contract Type Fiscal (12 mo.) Tenure Status Non-Tenure Track Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree and five years of progressively responsible administrative experience in higher education admissions, enrollment management, or related relevant experience.
The University of Georgia ( UGA ) seeks a visionary leader to serve as the next Director of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Building on the office’s excellent reputation and success, The Director will oversee UGA’s overall recruiting, admissions, and enrollment efforts, multiple scholarship programs and the orientation programs for both first-year and transfer students. The University seeks candidates who are innovative and accomplished leaders in their field, forward-thinking professionals with a demonstrated commitment to enhancing diversity in all forms, dedicated to furthering an accessible and inclusive campus environment, and have a strong commitment to excellence and high-quality customer service.
The Director of Undergraduate Admissions reports directly to the Vice President for Instruction. The Director will serve as the face of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, bring strong leadership and collaboration to achieve university strategic goals in recruiting, enrolling, and graduating a highly-qualified, talented, and diverse student body while seeking opportunities to increases access and affordability for qualifying students, regardless of their socioeconomic status.
Additional Requirements Relevant/Preferred Education, Experience, Licensure, and/or Certification
Master’s or other advanced degree is preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies
• A record of sound administrative, personnel, and fiscal management, preferably at a large higher educational institution;
• Background that includes developing, initiating, evaluating and improving recruitment, enrollment, communication and marketing plans and strategies;
• Ability to lead a performance-driven admissions team;
• Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work collegially with a wide range of internal and external constituencies.
Physical Demands Is this a Position of Trust? Yes Does this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources? Yes Does this position require a P-Card? No Is having a P-Card an essential function of this position? No Is driving a responsibility of this position? No Does this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care? No Does this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications) Yes Credit and P-Card policy
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.
• Developing and leading the implementation and execution of a comprehensive undergraduate enrollment plan that is consistent with the University’s strategic goals and direction;
• Providing leadership in designing the institution’s enrollment strategy and expected to make sophisticated use of data, employ high-impact best practices in enrollment management, and inspire others to work collegially in achieving the University’s enrollment goals;
• Analyzing regional, national, and global market trends as well as current and anticipated demands for particular University programs;
• Working closely with a number of units at UGA, including the Office of the Registrar, the Office of Student Financial Aid, the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Office of Academic Planning, Deans, department heads, Athletics, and others;
• Maintaining and further expanding these campus partnerships.
Percentage Of Time 100 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- List of References with Contact Information
- Other Documents #1
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens