Administrative Assistant - (STA006501)
Provides administrative staff support to a university executive. Organizes and coordinates activities of the unit.
- Drafts correspondence, memoranda, speeches, position papers, program/grant proposals and other written documentation.
- Assists in organizing activities of the unit, such as retreats, staff development, committee appointments, internship programs, awards ceremonies, etc.
- Serves on committees and task forces as a representative of the unit.
- Responds to information requests from internal and external agencies and offices and conducts research to assist in policy and program development.
- May collect information, and write and edit newsletter or news bulletins for the unit.
- Participates in special projects and prepares a variety of statistical reports as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional posting information:
The HEALTH Research Institute (HRI) leverages an interdisciplinary group of researchers at the University of Houston to advance science capable of meeting the health needs of the Houston community and beyond. Our primary mission is to conduct cutting-edge research that informs novel prevention, early detection, diagnosis, and intervention strategies that mitigate a broad range of health challenges. Our partnerships with a diverse array of stakeholders inform a growing public health challenge through multi-site cooperative trials, public health initiatives, and empowering dissemination and implementation activities that are embedded in the cultural fabric of the communities we serve.
The Administrative Assistant will work with HRI leadership, staff, and affiliated faculty to execute various administrative duties.
This position will have the option of working remotely or in the office until further notice.
The following documents are required
- A cover letter stating your: (a) interest in the position; (b) administrative experience; and (c) pertinent background / work-related experience.
- A document listing the names and contact information of three professional contacts who could provide letters of recommendation.
Applications that do not include these documents will not be reviewed.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston