Program Director 1 - Facilities /Construction Management - (STA006495)
Directs an ongoing university program to ensure that prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with its mission and/or specified objectives. Prepares short- and long-term goals and objectives.
- Plans, develops and administers methods, strategies and procedures for meeting program objectives; directs and oversees the daily activities of staff members.
- Prepares and monitors the annual budget and ensures that expenditures are within budget allocation.
- Directs and coordinates personally, or through subordinate personnel, activities concerned with carrying out the objectives of the program.
- Directs the preparation of and reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objectives; modifies or changes methodology as required to redirect activities and attains objectives.
- Analyzes trends within program areas, maintaining expert awareness of program information and change needs.
- Formulates, implements, and maintains appropriate policies and procedures concerning program administration.
- Manages and administers grant for program, including meetings, communication coordination, scholarships and other operations.
- May prepare or participate in the preparation of proposals to obtain grants from state and federal agencies, and private foundation sponsors.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience.
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Information / Preferred Qualifications:
This position is to provide critical communications 24/7 to ensure the safety of our partners on outages.
This position is heavily involved with the Building Coordinator program, provides a high volume of Customer Service and Communication to collaborate with our partners.
Provide the required training for the Building Coordinator program and any system that relates to buildings.
Responsible for customer response surveys, accurate record keeping of building coordinators, their alternates and contact information as well as developing meeting/presentation material and act as a Zone Manager when needed.
Preferences will be given to individuals with established relationships throughout the University.
Experience with Building Coordinators, excellent writing and presentation skills, understanding of SAM/MAPP policies regarding security and FCM systems.
Ability to multi-task and be on-call 24/7.
Preference will be given to those with high level of customer service, presentation development and public speaking experience, high customer interaction volume, excellent writing skills, ability to multi-task, great organizational skills and ability to develop strategic plans/programs.
* This position will require being on-call evenings and weekends.
Note: Are you aware that this position is an essential position for Facilities and Construction Management. Essential position you will be required to perform the work needed if directed by management even when the office or school is closed and may be required to report to work.
* Applicants please attach 3 professional references with your submission.
Notes to Applicant: Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachments.