Learning Technology Specialist/AV Coordinator
Learning Technology Specialist/AV Coordinator
Athens State University
Closing Date: 10/27/2020
The Learning Technology Specialist/AV Services Coordinator serves as the primary contact for the design, installation, and delivery of classroom learning technologies and audiovisual support services. This person is also a consultant to faculty in the selection and use of physical and virtual technologies to accomplish learning outcomes. Finally, this person oversees the
delivery of audiovisual technologies and support services for university meetings and events.
● Develop technology services and solutions to address classroom learning needs
○ Analyze, plan, implement, and manage technologies for classrooms, conference
rooms, and other institutional spaces.
○ Conduct research on current technologies and related strategies that support
active learning spaces.
○ Engage with consultants and service providers to specify, obtain, and install
learning technologies in classrooms and other institutional spaces.
○ Share knowledge and insights with staff and faculty regarding trends and best
practices in the use of learning technologies and audiovisual equipment.
○ Consult with faculty, staff, and other institutional entities to develop strategic
plans and recommendations for learning technologies and audiovisual technologies that align with institutional needs and goals.
○ Supervise Student Workers in the delivery of technology support services for events and classroom meetings.
○ Train and support faculty and staff in the operation and care of learning technology resources.
○ Work with Multimedia Specialists and others to develop and deliver multimedia
products and services.
● Manage the organization and disbursement of learning technologies through the Learning Technology Resource Center (LTRC)
○ Organize and maintain technology storage areas assigned to ATLIS and the LTRC.
○ Help develop and implement policies and guidelines for the transfer or loan of
portable audiovisual technologies to faculty, staff, and students.
○ Supervise Student Workers in the management of technology disbursement and services through the LTRC.
○ Maintain an inventory of ATLIS technologies, and keep accurate records of loans and transfers.
● Manage and maintain the university's learning technologies and audiovisual
○ Create and maintain a list of learning technologies (including equipment
specifications, acquisition date, lifespan, etc.) for all campus classrooms, meeting
spaces, and studios.
○ Develop and modify a replacement cycle plan for university audiovisual
○ Maintain an ample inventory of consumable audiovisual equipment.
● Oversee the design and delivery of technology support (sound, video recording,
webcasting, etc.) for University events and meetings.
○ Design, develop, and improve systems that enable clients to access and operate
audio-visual technologies in meetings and events.
○ Engage with Student Workers, ATLIS, Help Desk, and others to provide additional audiovisual support, where appropriate, at university meetings and events.
○ Provide training and support for Event Clients, Faculty, and Staff in the knowledge and use of learning technologies and audiovisual equipment.
○ Develop recommendations to enhance the university's classroom, meeting, and event space technologies.
○ Work with the Director of ATLIS to develop policies and procedures for the use of university's learning technologies, audiovisual equipment, and services.
● Create and nurture a cooperative and collaborative atmosphere that emphasizes
customer service and support.
○ Establish consistent expectations with all customers following established service
protocols and timelines for efficient and effective service delivery.
○ Practice quality customer service in all interactions with the University community.
○ Work toward continuous improvement of the department through efficiency and
end-user empowerment in support of the University mission.
○ Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing work scope and task based
○ Proactively engage in problem solving related to tasks in this position with
internal and external people.
○ Maintains “open door” to internal and external customers.
○ Identify opportunities for improvements to work practices and offer viable
solutions for implementation.
○ Routinely self-assess to make improvements or take corrective action.
○ Actively work towards building cooperative and collaborative relationships with
peers and internal customers.
● Work with other ATLIS personnel to accomplish ATLIS Objectives, Goals, and
○ Assist in the oversight of Athens State University instructional resources.
○ Assist in the development of training sessions and materials for university
stakeholders in areas of expertise and responsibility.
○ Assist in the development of multimedia projects.
○ Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
● Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in audiovisual and learning technologies.
● Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal).
● Strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
● Audiovisual or computer related certifications or degrees that show continuing education.
● Course work or degree in Instructional Technology.
● 2 to 4 years’ experience in audiovisual and/or learning technologies in a corporate or academic setting.
● Ability to clearly design and develop training materials and topics.
● Experience supervising student workers or employees.
• Must be able to move up to 30 pounds
• Frequently climb ladders, working in and around ceilings, floors, stages, and other areas, both indoors and outdoors
• Must have full range of mobility in upper and lower body; be able to reach overhead; be able to work in various positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time; be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
Salary Band: N295
To view salary schedules visit: https://www.athens.edu/human-resources/salary-schedule-tables/
Salary will be Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Unofficial transcripts should be from the college or university which verifies minimum qualifications for the position. Upon an offer of employment, official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be submitted. Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
Please provide contact information for three professional references on your application.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.athens.edu/postings/search
About Athens State University
Located in historic Athens, Alabama, Athens State University offers junior and senior-level coursework to community college graduates and transfer students holding sufficient credits from other institutions. Presently, over 3,100 students have selected Athens State because of its neighborly environment where 50 majors and degree programs are offered, with courses taught by a supportive and exceptional faculty. Approximately 80% of the students are enrolled in at least one online course. The typical student is a working adult who commutes. Recently, the University was featured in the 2015 Best Value Online College Rankings by OnlineU.org for four online programs including computer science, accounting, education and human resources. The University offers undergraduate degree programs in Liberal Arts, Teacher Preparation, and Business. The University employs more than 350 full and part-time employees with approximately 90 full-time faculty members in three colleges: College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, and College of Education. Seventy-five percent of the full-time faculty members hold a terminal degree. The University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Athens, Alabama is located in north Alabama equidistant between Nashville, TN and Birmingham, AL. Athens is home to several events and festivals that have been featured as the Southeast Tourism Society’s “Top 20 Events in the Southeast” including the Athens Storytelling Festival and the Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers Convention.
In accordance with Athens State University Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from that criminal background check.
Non-Discrimination Policy Statement Athens State University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. Athens State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability, religion, genetic information, or veteran status in employment, or admissions to or participation in educational programs and activities. Inquiries or concerns may be addressed to the Office of the Vice President of Enrollment and Student Support Services, 300 N. Beaty St., Athens, AL 35611, 256- 233-8175.