PLANT MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
PLANT MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
Posting Number: SRGV4553
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Campus Facilities Operations
Scope of Job:
To provide skilled maintenance and repair of central chilling station equipment, building mechanical and related equipment.
Description of Duties:
• Responsible for the mechanical maintenance and minor repair of condensers, pumps, compressors, chemical feeders, filters, meters, and related equipment.
• Completes periodically scheduled preventive maintenance duties including equipment lubrication, calibration, cleaning, and inspection.
• Troubleshoots safety control devices in all chiller and chiller-related equipment on and off campus.
• Based on assignment location may utilize building automation system to control/monitor HVAC and chiller systems.
• Performs preventive maintenance and minor repair of chillers and related equipment based on an established maintenance schedule.
• Services equipment including chillers, compressors, pumps, motors, gearboxes, fans, valves, chemical injectors, filters, meters, and related equipment.
• Performs preventive maintenance in the central cooling plant, campus and off campus chillers, and off campus CESS chiller plant.
• Responds to trouble calls in the locations mentioned above and after-hours as needed.
• Performs routine maintenance and small repairs on chiller plant structures and related systems, such as lighting, cooling, heating, and electrical systems.
• Ensures that all assigned equipment and devices are functioning properly and reports any issues to the supervisor in order to replacing/repair parts as needed.
• Performs cleaning/replacing of parts based on established schedule or as needed.
• Documents repairs in the maintenance logs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Vocational School Certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning and Journeyman Electrical License.
Two (2) years of skilled/journeyman-level experience in the maintenance and repair of chiller plant equipment or closely related area.
Skilled use of the tools of the trade.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Exposure to electrical, chemical, and mechanical hazards. Work may require the use of scaffolds, or ladders. Exposure to outside weather conditions.
This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 09/01/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25940