ACADEMIC CONTENT COACH - MATH
ACADEMIC CONTENT COACH - MATH
Posting Number: SRGV4683
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: College Access & K-12 Partners
Scope of Job:
Provides leadership to multiple secondary sites in designated areas by analyzing data, modeling classroom strategies, curriculum development, professional development for teachers, and direct student support in a specific content area.
Description of Duties:
• Plans, coordinates, and implements program services at multiple sites.
• Communicates general and technical content specific information to multiple sites.
• Models high quality teaching using current and appropriate teaching methodologies.
• Organizes and leads content specific staff development based on student and teacher needs.
• Observes content area teachers in the classroom and provide feedback and follow-up coaching.
• Serves as the liaison between program administration and multiple assigned sites.
• Collects and analyses student performance data to guide program services.
• Maintains documentation of site visits and provides regular technical support to multiple sites.
• Creates opportunities for technology integration in classroom instruction in specific content area.
• Participates in curriculum development and implementation with school district staff, university faculty, and educational partners.
• Plans with educational partners to create varied professional development opportunities for teachers, parents, counselors, and administrators.
• Responsible for collecting program data for students, parents and teachers at multiple sites.
• Collaborates with program evaluator to create assessments, surveys, and other data collection sources to monitor, evaluate, and track success towards program objectives.
• Provides educational workshops and activities for students and parents in specific content area.
• Researches local, state, and national education trends to guide program work and identify best practices.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Master’s degree in Education from an accredited university.
Valid Teaching Certificate in content area.
Three (3) years of teaching experience, success working with high risk students, content area coaching experience with teachers and tutors.
Use of standard office equipment. Use of content specific equipment such as graphing calculators, science lab equipment, etc. Use of personal vehicle for traveling to remote sites.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; constant travel and some weekend work is required. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Effective strategies, theories, techniques and methods of professional development. Knowledge of Texas standardized exams, TSI, college entrance exams, etc. Ability to analyze data and plan interventions based on data. Ability to conduct engaging presentations for various audiences. Ability to multi-task multiple projects on a regular basis. Ability to engage various stakeholders such as superintendents, principals, teachers, parents, student, etc. Knowledge of objectives based reporting, data collection, and program evaluation.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 10/05/2020
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 09/25/2024
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25950