Associate Director, Masters of Science in Health Communication
Associate Director, Masters of Science in Health Communication
Job ID: 39276
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Department: SoC Center for Comm and
Under the general guidance of the Director of MS Health Communication, the Associate Director of MS Health Communication provides leadership and is responsible for representing the program to prospective and current students. This position is responsible for self-directing recruitment, admissions student services, and supervising day-to-day operations for the Masters of Science in Health Communication (MSHC) Program.
This is a full time position with regular staffing responsibility during evening and Saturday class meetings. Flexible schedule.
- Identify and analyze recruitment trends, develop and implement recruitment strategy for program. Recruit prospective students via print and electronic materials and telephone communication.
- Manage and execute recruiting open house and information session events including organization of schedule, materials, food, volunteer staff, materials
- Hire and manage appropriate recruiting and student services consultants.
- Work with the School’s communication and website teams to establish excellent website and recruitment materials.
- Establish and manage the application workflow for students including the application process, faculty workflow for approval of applications, candidate notification and candidate relationship management. Work with the university Registrar to assure appropriate processes. Work with University Student Aid to provide appropriate student aid support.
- Identify weekly, monthly and quarterly prospect, applicant and enrollment goals, implement changes to policies to bridge gaps in goals.
- Admissions - Operations
- In collaboration with Registrar, lead efforts to achieve a seamless transition for matriculated students, including accurate and timely student record creation and maintenance.
- Manage and execute new student welcome and orientation events.
- Review and recommend developments to advanced technological applications and web-based interfaces for improved services.
- Student Affairs
- Independently and effectively communicate regularly with degree applicants, current and admitted students (domestic and international).
- Manage student policies and procedures including student recruitment, admissions, matriculation, orientation, course bidding and registration, practicum seminar registration and evaluation, track and monitor students toward degree fulfillment.
- With sound judgment and discretion attend to sensitive academic and financial student affairs matters; work with other offices on campus to resolve student issues. Identify, coordinate, and provide resources and support to students. Refer student inquiries to appropriate department, if needed, and / or provide information about University processes to students.
- Process and support international students with additional academic requirements toward degree. Work with International Office on student visa and compliance issues.
- Supervise the planning of professional development events for the students.
- Supervise and hire operations assistants, staff, and student assistants.
- Execute seminar, individual event, and program evaluations and assessments.
- Responsible for direct oversight of operating budget related to student services (meals, programs, parking, etc.).
- Faculty Support
- Oversee admissions application process, preparing materials for faculty review. Plan and organize program-specific application processes and procedures for domestic and international applications with admissions colleagues.
- Analyze and report regularized and ad-hoc recruitment/admissions data as needed for the admission committee.
- Work with the curriculum support department to assure faculty receive appropriate course preparation and delivery support.
- Contribute to the implementation, monitoring and development of procedures in compliance with university procedures and relevant regulations.
- Serve as ex-officio member of the MSHC Governing Board. Participate in short and long-term strategic planning.
- Review, recommend, and implement with guidance from faculty leadership a strategic plan to grow and develop recruitment and program initiatives and objectives
- Represent Northwestern MSHC program at select meetings, conferences, and programs as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Master‘s degree in related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in higher education or relevant field.
- Experience with academic program management.
- Previous supervisory and decision-making experience.
- Experience managing and allocating budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize in an efficient and productive manner with attention to detail.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Ability to organize and manage work processes, personnel, and develop sound work practices.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Facilitates open and effective communication, cooperation and teamwork with students, staff, faculty, alumni, and consultants.
- Exhibits sound judgment and discretion.
- Communicates effectively.
- Takes initiative to improve processes.
- Previous experience working with professional programs and graduate students.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Working knowledge of university systems and environment.
To view the job posting and/or apply for the job, click
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Chicago