Full-Time Core Faculty Position, Clinical Psychology Department (Statistics & Research)
William James College announces an opening for a full-time Core Faculty position in the Doctoral Clinical Psychology Department. Rank is commensurate with experience. The successful applicant could begin as soon as January 2021, but applicants for an August 2021 start date are also welcome.
William James College is committed to an active, intentional, and ongoing engagement with diversity—in people, in the curriculum, in the co-curriculum, and in the college’s intellectual, social, cultural, and geographical communities. William James College endorses a framework of inclusive excellence, which recognizes that institutional excellence comes from fully engaging with diversity in all aspects of institutional activities.
Responsibilities: Core faculty members are involved in teaching, advising, and research supervision. Additionally, there is the expectation of committee work and scholarly productivity. We are seeking applicants with interest, expertise, and/or experience in Statistics & Research. Qualified applicants for this position may be trained in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, research ethics surrounding the use of human subjects (e.g., involvement in IRB administration), and/or statistical approaches to the study of human psychology and behavior. Applicants with a research interest or background in examining the impacts of environmental factors (e.g., trauma, stress, poverty, social inequities, etc.) on mental health disparities will be of particular interest. The successful candidate may teach relevant courses (e.g., Statistics) covering descriptive and inferential statistical methods applied to psychological research and program evaluation. The successful candidate may also oversee administration of the IRB.
In addition to the above criteria, candidates qualified to teach one or more of the following courses are preferred:
- Leadership and Management of Systems. This course prepares students to lead and function well within the policies and systems that determine the professional roles and effectiveness of clinical psychologists.
- Program Development and Evaluation. This course trains students to design and develop, manage, and objectively evaluate clinical treatment and other psychologically-informed programs.
- Advanced Clinical Practice. This course guides students in developing advanced skills in conceptualizing cases and creating treatment plans for children, adolescents, and adults.
The successful candidate may also teach generalist foundational courses in the Clinical Psy.D. program.
Qualifications: Candidates must possess a Psy.D. or Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology or Counseling Psychology, have completed an APA-accredited internship, have teaching experience, be licensed or license-eligible in Massachusetts, and have a minimum of 1-2 years of post-graduate experience. A demonstrated record of scholarly work (e.g., innovation, investigation, authorship of peer-reviewed publications and presentations at professional conferences) is essential. Successful candidates will also have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment; and must be willing to contribute to the College’s strategic plan of inclusion. The department welcomes applications from individuals who may have had nontraditional career paths, or who may have taken time off for family reasons, or who have achieved excellence in careers outside of academia.
Application Procedure: Review of applications will begin upon receipt and continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit:
- A detailed letter of intent responding to the stated qualifications.
- A curriculum vitae.
- A list of three professional references with complete contact information. (References will not be contacted without the candidate's prior permission.)
Materials should be submitted electronically to: Ms. Michelle Costa, Human Resources Coordinator at HR@williamjames.edu.
Inclusive Excellence at William James College: William James College is an institution and a community committed to the principles of excellence, fairness and respect for all people. Our Inclusive Excellence model infuses diversity, equity and inclusion efforts into the core of institutional functioning to realize the educational benefits of diversity both locally and globally. We are committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for change agents in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.
Apply for Full-Time Core Faculty Position, Clinical Psychology Department (Statistics & Research)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newton
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newton
- Statistics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newton
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newton
- Psychology Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newton