Director of Financial Aid
Le Moyne College, Syracuse, NY, invites applications for the Director of Financial Aid. Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Director of Financial Aid and is an important part of the Division of Enrollment Management and a collaborative partner in meeting various institutional enrollment and retention goals.
The Director is responsible for the development, oversight and implementation of the financial aid leveraging strategies, financial aid policies, and awarding practices to ensure the efficient and strategic distribution of aid. Additionally, the director will demonstrate by example a clear commitment to providing excellent customer service. Each year, Le Moyne awards over $45 million in financial aid. The Director leads an office of 3.5 full-time staff members and ensures full compliance with all federal and state regulations and reporting.
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, persons of color, and Jesuits to apply for employment.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Bachelor's degree in a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- At least 8 years of financial aid or closely relevant experience with progressive supervisory responsibility in a 4-year institution.
- Experience with supervision and development of professional staff.
- Experience with using student information systems.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends, when representing Le Moyne College at official functions.
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited college or university in a relevant field of study and/or have experience as an Associate Director-level or above in a Financial Aid office.
- More than 8 years of financial aid or closely relevant experience with progressive supervisory responsibility in a 4-year private institution.
- Advanced prior experience with datatel Colleague and Technolutions Slate
- Previous experience working in conjunction with an intercollegiate athletics department
- Involvement with professional development organization for financial aid professionals
For a complete job description and to apply visit our website at https://www.lemoyne.edu/Work-At-Le-Moyne and submit the required application materials. Preference will be given to applications received by October 16, 2020. Review of applications will continue till the position is filled. We anticipate the position beginning in December 2020.