The University of Medicine and Health Sciences-St. Kitts (UMHS)
invites applications for a faculty positions in Pharmacology.
UMHS offers a traditional four year Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree. The university operates year round and offers three semesters per calendar year which start in January, May, and September. Students complete the Basic Science Program at the UMHS at our state of the art campus in St Kitts. The fifth semester occurs at the UMHS campus in Portland, Maine. Students complete their third year of core clinical rotations and fourth year of elective rotations in one of our many affiliated, accredited teaching hospitals throughout the United States. To graduate, students must successfully complete the UMHS medical program and pass the USMLE Step1, Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS. UMHS graduates are eligible to apply for a US residency and subsequently may practice medicine in the United States and Canada.
UMHS utilizes innovative teaching techniques such as a 24-bed virtual hospital, small class sizes with individualized attention, and the use of technology to enhance instruction. The faculty is highly credentialed and recruited primarily from the United States.
The successful candidate may teach courses at all levels of the curriculum. Currently, Pharmacology and Therapeutics is taught in fourth semester. The team teaching aspect allows for research and writing time although it is not required.
- Developing and providing students with approved syllabi and learning objectives
- Organizing, preparing, and regularly updating course content
- Delivering effective lectures utilizing a variety of teaching techniques and state of the art teaching technologies
- Preparing and administering examinations, grading in a timely manner, and providing feedback to students
- Focusing on student success by being available to students during non-teaching time
- Serving on faculty committees
- Supervising students in a variety of activities including, but not limited to, problem based learning activities, human-computer simulation activities in the UMHS virtual hospital ward, and activities in local clinical settings.
- Participate in activities assigned by the department chair and/or University administration.
- Passion for teaching
- Earned Ph.D. in pharmacology
- Three to five years experience teaching in an graduate medical program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
MPHM 0910 Pharmacology & Therapeutics 7 credits
This course concentrates on how chemical agents (drugs) regulate or modify physiological functions of the body, demonstrating how interactions of drugs with living organisms contribute to diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of diseases. Biologic responses, physiological alterations and correction of disorder or disease are discussed for each drug class highlighting receptor interaction, which defines the agent's boundaries of efficacy. Because pharmacology and therapeutics is an integrated science, strong attempt is made to maintain this integrated approach in lectures, tutorials and case studies. Major emphasis will be on principles of pharmacogenetics (pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, adverse drug reactions, teratogenicity, etc.) as well as therapeutics of common drugs used in infectious disease, malignant diseases, and endocrine disorders.
UMHS offers a tax-free salary within certain limits, a state of the art institution on an idyllic island, the opportunity to become involved in the growth and success of the institution, and most importantly the opportunity to educate and nurture a new generation of physicians prepared to meet the 21st century health care delivery in a rapidly changing world.
Learn more at htp://www,umhs-sk.net
Apply for Pharmacology-Professor/Assistant/Associate Professor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Biology & Life Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Other Science & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Kitts and Nevis