The University of Texas Permian Basin welcomes applicants for a
tenure-track faculty position in Nursing. The successful candidate
will teach courses in accordance with the schedule of classes and
follow the approved course descriptions and syllabi established and
administered by the Dean with the approval of the Provost.
Non-teaching assignments include instructional development,
academic advising and mentoring students, work as effective team
member, participating in university-wide activities and task
forces, and other appropriate responsibilities.
• Teach a variety of classes in accordance with the course syllabus
and University policy while actively seeking ways to improve
• Continue to update and revise course content and teaching
methodology in order to maintain currency and relevance.
• Collaborate and/or provide assistance to associate faculty in
regard to course content and instructional materials
• Provide instruction consistent with evidence-based practice and
research activities for generating new knowledge
• Post and observe office hours for purposes of academic advising
and student consultation. Hold office hours at times that are most
convenient for students. Meet with students as needed by
• Advise and assist students during the ongoing registration
process. Maintain general knowledge of degree requirements,
programs and course transfer information
• Actively participate and attend department, division and
university-wide committees and meetings
• Collaborate with faculty in developing a doctorate of nursing
• Actively participate in assisting the University in maintaining
standards required for accreditation
• Participate in full regalia in official graduation ceremonies and
other official functions as requested by the Dean
• Perform other duties as determined in consultation with the Dean
• Terminal degree with a minimum of a Master’s in Nursing
• Experience in Baccalaureate nursing education and curriculum
• Unencumbered license to practice nursing in TX or another compact
state (or eligible for licensure)
• The ability to successfully pass a criminal background check
• Graduate education experience
• Proven expertise in community, population, and public
• Experience in external funding and practice partnership
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order
to be considered. Link to job posting at the UTPB Careers
Please include all required documents with your submission.
Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for
purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon
The University offers an excellent compensation package which
includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health
insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program.
We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented
groups are encouraged to apply.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.