Director of Housing & Residence Life (DOHRL)
Daemen College is currently searching for a creative, entrepreneurial, seasoned professional to provide leadership to the College's Office of Housing and Residence Life. With a particular emphasis on creating and sustaining a living and learning environment that embraces and promotes diversity and inclusion and provides a community where all students feel supported, the new director will need to be a leader in every sense of the word- building on the program that exists while working collaboratively with students and staff to help the program grow and flourish in new directions. The new director will need to be a seasoned administrator, serving as a critical member of the on-call team, providing care and support to students, investigating and adjudicating minor and major conduct code violations, and having a focus on the management of the housing operation, including working with both internal and external partners.
The ideal will candidate will have a minimum of an earned Master's degree in Higher Education, Education, or a related field with experiences in housing, residence life, student conduct, and crisis management. The director of housing and residence life at Daemen College must help foster a climate that values and prioritizes equity, diversity and inclusiveness.
The search will begin immediately and remain open until filled with the ideal candidate starting in December 2020, or by the start of 2021.
TITLE: Director of Housing & Residence Life (DOHRL)
REPORTS TO: Dean of Students (DOS)
REQUIREMENTS: The Director of Housing and Residence Life must have a minimum of an earned Masters Degree in Higher Education, Education, Student Affairs, or similar area, as well as five years post graduate experience. The Director must be able to manage a dynamic organization and multi-task, be competent with managing housing numbers and contracts, projections and databases, and be able to provide vision and goal setting to the organization. The ideal candidate will have experience at a small, liberal arts institution.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Director of Housing and Residence Life is responsible for the overall management and supervision of the housing and residential programs and services offered at Daemen College and as such, provides leadership and guidance to the professional and para-professional staff. The Director ensures that the housing and residence life program promotes an inclusive, healthy, and safe living and learning environment for all members of our diverse community by selecting, training, and supervising paraprofessional staff; collaborating with Facilities to ensure proper facility management; preparing housing projections to ensure adequate bed space; and addressing issues and concerns involving residential students The Director participates in the On-Call rotation, and as a member of the Student Affairs leadership team, will participate in conduct hearings and investigations, as needed, and serve on various campus wide committees. The ideal candidate will have excellent oral and verbal communications and work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students.
BENEFITS: This is a full-time, 12-month position. Salary is competitive and includes full University benefits and professional development opportunities.
- Provide vision and leadership to the Office of Housing and Residence Life, and in so doing, maintain and develop programmatic initiatives that work in partnership across campus and enhance the mission of the College.
- Manage and coordinate all housing assignment processes through eRezLife including new student assignments, upperclassmen lottery, and the room change process.
- Maintain, and provide, regular projections and updates regarding housing numbers.
- Responsible for coordinating facility management from the student affairs end, including key systems, room inventories, work orders, billing, and the opening and closing of residential facilities.
- Select, train, and supervise resident assistants that represent the entire student body (approximately 22). This includes conducting comprehensive training programs, staff meetings, in-service training, and ongoing supportive and supervisory consultations.
- Train and supervise full-time professional and graduate staff members; two Coordinators and one (1) Graduate Hall Director.
- Review disciplinary reports and follow up accordingly, as directed by the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs & Dean of Students; guided by the Daemen Code of Conduct.
- Manage and develop the budget for the department; create proposals for new initiatives.
- Partner with the Assistant Dean for Student Engagement and other appropriate staff to ensure a smooth transition to Daemen for new students.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Dean for Campus Safety and Operations and Director of Campus Safety on safety and security prevention and education.
- Work with colleagues in Student Affairs and other areas of the college on programming, compliance, and related activities
- Assist with the coordination & supervision of student conduct system.
- As a critical member of the Emergency Response Team, respond to crises as needed.
- Serve in the Administrator On-Call rotation.
- Participate in Student Development meetings, in-services, and other activities.
- Participate in national, regional, and state, professional opportunities as needed.
- Assist in the planning and assessment process as dictated by the College.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
For consideration submit letter of interest and resume via http://daemen.applicantpro.com . Review of applicants begins immediately.
This is a full-time, 12 month position. Benefits are available the first of the month following the full-time employee's date of hire and include health, dental, vision insurance, and fully paid life insurance. In addition, we offer fully paid long term disability insurance after 3 months of employment. Eligibility for the 403b retirement plan is available to full-time employees upon hire and an 8%employer match after one year of service. Excellent time off benefits for holidays, vacation and personal time is included. Tuition waiver benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications for women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, people of color and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus.