Workforce Skilled Instructor, Cybersecurity
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Qualities of Excellence
As faculty members of Lone Star College, we strive to create a nation of world citizenry in our students. In that pursuit, we model ways of thinking and being that incorporate diversity, equality, and equity. Our culture, then, requires the possession of transcendent qualities that, while immeasurable, are evident in global citizens. We are compassionate with our students, colleagues, and ourselves. We are innovative in the pursuit of learning. Ultimately, we create a culture where learning thrives, people are safe, and we mirror the qualities of world citizenry.
Lone Star College faculty are dedicated to four qualities of excellence:
- Student Invested
- Content Expert
- Pedagogically Excellent
- Institutionally Dedicated
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Westway Park Technology Center
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
LSC-Westway Park Technology Center, a satellite center of LSC-CyFair, is located between Clay and Tanner roads off the Sam Houston Tollway. This center will focus on LSC-CyFair’s Visual Communication and Information Technology workforce training programs with certificates and degrees in areas such as Cisco and Microsoft Networking, Cyber Security, Computer Forensics, Graphic and Web Design, and 3D animation.
Campus address is 5060 Westway Park Boulevard, Houston, TX 77041.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides direction, teaching, and support for Cybersecurity and Enterprise Network course objectives and contributes to the educational environment of the Lone Star College and the community. Responsibilities include teaching and advising students. Primary functions are to plan, maintain, access, and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student success and student learning.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teaches courses in Cybersecurity, CISCO and other enterprise network technologies at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs, making continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods
- Creates engaging lessons that promote student involvement and application of the material
- Develops and uses a syllabus for each course or laboratory within college and departmental guidelines
- Evaluates students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives and informs them in a timely manner of their progress in the course. Identifies and assesses student who are in need of additional instruction to successfully complete the course objectives
- Responsible for recruiting and advising students in their area
- Responsible for managing their classrooms and labs, including assuring lab facilities meet state requirements
- Responsible for assisting with student job placement
- Works directly with certification agencies to ensure alignment and high level of program and student success
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Background in cybersecurity and network security
- Expertise in enterprise networking technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Mastery of course content
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications and Outlook
- Demonstrated leadership skills; style that emphasizes collaboration, teamwork, and facilitation
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with a wide variety of people at various levels
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service and providing a dynamic climate for life-long learning
- Ability to use effective strategies to engage students in their learning
The work requires some physical exertion, such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; or recurring lifting of moderately heavy items, such as typewriters and record boxes. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities, such as above average agility and dexterity.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position.
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office and/or laboratory environment with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Must have current industry certifications in network security and/or cybersecurity, or networking, i.e. CCNP, CAP, GSLC, Security+, CISSP, CASP, CISM, or be willing to obtain certification within first 6 months of employment
- 3 years of industry experience in Cybersecurity or network security technologies and devices
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Computer Networking or related field
Commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, wellness programs, professional development opportunities, sabbatical opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston