Assistant Director of CRM (Salesforce)
The University of Colorado Boulder and Leeds School of Business encourage applications for an Assistant Director of CRM (Salesforce) . Housed in Leeds Technical Services (LTS) department, the Assistant Director of CRM has primary accountability for deployment, day-to-day delivery, support, and continual improvement of Leeds’ constituent relationship management (CRM) services. This position directly supervises a team responsible for deploying and supporting CRM services which are central to key School functions. This position has authority to make day-to-day decisions regarding the implementation, ongoing development, and support of the CRM Salesforce.com (SFDC), and is responsible for initiating, prioritizing, and managing work and projects vital to deliver a system that meet the needs of the School. This position implements and follows relevant common service management processes relating to service support, operations, project management and analysis and participates in defining processes, especially where variations are needed to support school-wide services.
Under general guidance, this position will directly supervise the team providing analysis of institutional data to improve productivity and accountability. This position will be a change advocate and innovator, quick learner and teacher, results-oriented and creators of compelling technology roadmaps. With the support of their team, the Assistant Director of CRM will seek out and synthesize IT and higher education trends to advise multi-year technology investment plans.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Located at one of the top-ranked research universities in the country, the Leeds School of Business combines innovative teaching and pioneering research in a diverse academic environment.
Leeds Technology Services (LTS) is a distributed IT group housed in Leeds. LTS staff are the primary technology service providers to Leeds faculty, staff and students. It is a highly collaborative work environment with strong emphasis placed on customer service. Its mission is to enhance, through technology, the effectiveness of individuals, divisions and departments and to provide a robust learning and research environment with an exceptional student experience.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Manage the Deployment and Operation of Leeds CRM Services
- On an ongoing basis, directly engage with Leeds departments, divisions, and centers to assess needs and opportunities for Leeds CRM capabilities.
- Partner with academic and administrative groups across Leeds and within CU to understand current and future uses of CRM solutions to ensure collaboration and integration opportunities are identified and pursued.
- As part of the Leeds Data Standards Committee (LDSC), work with School partners and leadership to develop deployment strategies/plans/priorities and the ongoing structure for governance/steering for CRM.
- Represent Leeds on campus committees related to data governance, analytics and strategy.
- Serve as subject matter specialist for Salesforce.com (SFDC) and integrated tools and processes and focus its efforts on being the primary support school-wide in the multi-phased implementation, training and daily administration of Salesforce.com as the chosen CRM, including all unilateral or bilateral integrations, including, but not limited to: the CU system-wide Oracle student information system (CU-SIS), survey tools (Qualtrics and Form Assembly), mentor/mentee CRM (Chronus), online appointment making and queue management system (TimeTrade, or similar), project management solution (Taskray), Conga Conductor, Conga Composer, CongaGrid, Elements.Cloud, Ebsta, Rollup Helper, Wave, Docusign for Salesforce, Mogli SMS, and mass email marketing (Marketing Cloud) and event management (Linvio, or similar) tools.
- Oversee management of CRM implementation and enhancement project(s) by ensuring requirements and success criteria are established, project schedules are being created and met or adjusted as appropriate and communicating with partners.
- Work within LTS to ensure the CRM is deployed and operated as a sustainable service, adhering to service management practices and processes (facilitating changes to existing practices and processes if vital).
- Manage day-to-day service operations by effectively implementing common processes for service operations including incident management, problem management, and request fulfillment. Participate in the ongoing development of and apply processes for configuration management. Work with Leeds process owners to ensure common LTS processes meet service needs.
Supervise IT Professionals to Effectively Deliver Services
- Manage four LTS FTEs dedicated to CRM services as they support faculty, staff and students, and curriculum areas on existing applications and craft the Leeds Application Services strategic plan to ensure that it aligns with the greater Leeds Strategic plan. Write annual performance plan goals, evaluate and measure the full-time employees based on their progress in meeting and exceeding the goals and coach them throughout each plan cycle.
- Research and select product(s) and/or contractor(s) on a project-by-project basis, including contract and service level agreement (SLA), execution and delivery. Establish and maintain working relationships and shared expectations and performance agreements with service providers. Supervise Application Services-related resources via project assignments and duties in conjunction with Leeds applications. Oversee contracted help on an application-by-application basis. Oversight of student resource help on an application-by-application, if deemed vital. License brokerage, execution and renewal will be a regular part of this position.
- Maintain proficiency, certifications, and acquire knowledge by reading trade journals, attending conferences, seminars and classes, participating in discussions with colleagues, peer institutions, and advising vendors.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position starts at $90,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Collaborative. Be Effective. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or a combination of education and experience as detailed below may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- 4 years of progressive expertise in CRM, customer experience and analytics processes and systems, particularly Salesforce.com (SFDC) Sales, Service and/or Education Cloud.
- 3 years of experience managing and leading a team of employees.
- 2 years of experience as a project or program manager.
What You Will Need
- Demonstrated employment history with strong success in independently solving sophisticated technical issues.
- Demonstrated track record of quickly learning new technical components and being able to generalize standard methodologies from experience for use in a new environment.
- Ability to excel in an independent work environment with comfort in advancing issues and concerns if/when needed.
- Good attention to detail.
- Superb communication skills and solid ability to explain sophisticated issues and discuss trade-offs of potential solutions in non-technical terms.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience in a leadership role and/or several years of experience in a role that influences and makes recommendations to executive leadership.
- One or more years of experience in higher education including demonstrated knowledge of higher education business practices such as student recruitment, advising and retention, and the associated systems and platforms.
- Certifications: Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce App Platform Builder, Salesforce Education Cloud Consultant, Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Project Management, Database Management.
- Experience effectively managing large project teams where there isn’t a direct supervisory relationship.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by October 19th, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu