Professor, LVN Program
Professor, LVN Program
2550 Bending Branch Way, Collin College Technical Campus
Allen, Texas, 75013
We are searching for an experienced Professor, LVN Program .
***This position is pending program approval by SACSCOC.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach assigned courses in accordance with the course syllabus and college policy.
- Continue to update and revise course content and teaching methodology in order to maintain currency and relevance.
- Maintain familiarity with current texts, materials, teaching aids and techniques relative to courses within the discipline and recommend their adoption when appropriate.
- Actively seek ways to improve instruction.
- Provide advice and/or assistance to associate faculty in regard to course content and instructional materials.
- Post and observe a minimum of six office hours per week for purposes of academic advising and student consultation. Hold office hours at times which will be most convenient for students. Meet with students as needed by appointment.
- Advise and assist students during the ongoing registration process.
- Actively participate in discipline, division and college-wide task forces and committees for an average of two hours per week.
- Attend scheduled discipline, division and college-wide meetings.
- Actively participate in assisting the college to maintain standards required for accreditation.
- Perform registration tasks determined in consultation with the division dean.
- Participate in full regalia in official graduation ceremonies.
- Work with Library staff in the selection of print and non-print materials in the overall collection development of the Library.
- Perform other duties as determined in consultation with the division dean.
- Establish annual objectives mutually determined with the division dean, including personal and professional growth plans.
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge and competence in the appropriate academic disciplines.
- Contribute to and participate in staff development programs.
- Participate in community activities and services.
- Teaching assignments may be on one or more of the college's campuses or offsite locations and may include concurrent enrollment, distance education, evening and weekend programs, online instruction and other instructional modalities. Non-teaching assignments include instructional development, academic advising and assisting students, registration assignments, participating in college-wide activities and task forces, and other appropriate responsibilities. These responsibilities may be scheduled within the flexible 225-day faculty calendar.
- Other duties as assigned
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
An associate degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum of three (3) years of broad-based clinical practice experience. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, and other essential AV technology.
Possess an unencumbered Texas RN license or ability to secure a Texas license.
Must be willing to travel between 2-3 campuses (Tech, Wylie and McKinney).
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employment Type: Full-time Faculty
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $67,500.00 - 83,243.00 *Salary is contingent upon contract days, education, and experience.*
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney