Graduate Admission Counselor
Graduate Admission Counselor
Benedictine University is an inclusive academic community, inspired by the Catholic intellectual tradition and Benedictine values. We seek employees who will contribute to the advancement of our mission by helping students shape lives of meaning and purpose as engaged citizens who care for the Earth, welcome people of diverse faiths and cultures, and promote the common good.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Reports to: Director of Graduate Admissions
Position Summary: Serve as a representative of the University to recruit prospective graduate students; primary function of the position is to promote the institution and its graduate programs, coordinate recruitment efforts with faculty program directors; work collaboratively with program directors to assist students throughout the process, troubleshoot, and meet enrollment targets; work with the Director of Graduate Admission, Director of Enrollment Marketing, and program directors to help develop, evaluate, execute, and track program-specific marketing and recruitment initiatives.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Manage the conversion of students through the graduate admissions funnel within assigned program areas. Respond to all questions and follow up with inquiries and applicants via telephone and email to increase engagement, conversion, yield, and retention. Keep applicants regularly informed of their application status, notify of deadlines and application decisions while also communicating with departments.
2. Work with the Director of Graduate Admissions program, Director of Enrollment Marketing and program representatives to provide input for the development of marketing and recruitment plans. Develop and implement strategies to recruit and enroll high-quality graduate students. Specifically, develop and execute recruitment strategies to meet application, admission and yield targets of assigned programs.
3. Review applications for admission and scholarship consideration while managing all documentation required for applicants including test scores, transcripts, personnel statements, letters of recommendation and international credentials.
4. Collaborate with admission team to create dynamic on campus events to drive graduate admission prospects collect applications, convert admitted students and assist in registration/orientation of new students. Seek out and attend off-campus events for recruitment efforts. Some evenings and weekend events are required.
5. Work with the Director of Graduate Admissions to provide data-based evaluation of the efficacy of recruitment strategies. Assess effectiveness of targeting strategies and communication channels for prospective students and applicants.
- Must have a keen orientation to goal achievement, strong organizational and communication skills, capability to work in a fast-paced environment, high energy, enthusiasm, and self-motivation.
- Exercising good judgment in establishing priorities; making appropriate decisions and problem-solving; effectively managing own time, territory and projects; and accepting or overcoming obstacles creatively and patiently
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters degree preferred
Experience: 2-3 years of sales experience
Specific Skills: Key communication and organizational skills needed
Specific Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications: Salesforce, Peoplesoft experience recommended
Travel (If applicable): Regionally to various recruitment events/meetings
Supervisory Responsibility (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Ability to work evenings and some weekends.
Benedictine University does not discriminate in its admissions or educational policies, programs or activities; scholarship and loan programs; athletic and other University administered programs or employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The laws applicable to Benedictine University include constitutional and statutory protections of the University's rights as a religiously sponsored institution. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all employment and personnel practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, training and compensation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle