A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing
academic and operational success. This role will be responsible for
COVID-19 Testing Coverage.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Administer Rapid Antigen Testing for SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19.
- Assess and evaluate patients' needs for, and responses to, care
- Apply sound nursing judgment in patient care management
- Provide primary and emergency care for occupational and
non-occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Collaborate with the University Health Services team to
follow-up on University Protocols for COVID-19.
- Direct and guide ancillary personnel and maintain standards of
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the
supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent
communication (oral and written), organizational, and time
management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to
work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment
is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative,
resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA),
those functions of the job which are identified essential are
required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will
be given careful consideration.
- The position requires a Licensed Health Professional (i.e.
Licensed Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse, Emergency Medical
Technician, Paramedic, Phlebotomist, or related field).
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity