Software Applications Developer I
Software Applications Developer I
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
- The Software Developer I performs routine software development
support functions under direction.
- Develop, modify, debug, test, and maintain programs.
- Assist in the development of written proposals involving software systems in the UAS field.
- Assist with maintaining computer systems and applications availability by monitoring, identifying, diagnosing, and backing up as needed to ensure ongoing operational availability.
- Manage, update and maintain security of server-based applications.
- Confer with clients and/or staff to define application requirements.
- Demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Ensure databases, applications, and procedures are up-to-date and documentation is current.
- Provide technical assistance and training to users.
- Resolve problems by reviewing and analyzing software documentation and production outputs to identify causes, solutions, and make appropriate referrals.
- Update job knowledge by studying manuals, development tools, programming techniques and technologies; by maintaining personal networks and participating in the organization.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Continuously improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes.
- Support outside operations in the field, requiring set up and tear down of equipment with manual lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional travel required; not to exceed 10%.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years of experience to include one (1) year of related
experience with one or more of the following programming
- Java, Python, C#, NodeJs
- Database (SQL)
- Docker, ActiveMQ
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Solid understanding of Git and related source control principles.
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and occasionally work outside in field operations.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Two (2) years of related experience in software development field.
- Familiar with programming on single board computers and microcontrollers.
- Familiar with serial interfaces, electrical engineering and hardware.
- Intermediate knowledge of troubleshooting, client relations, formulating and contributing ideas.
- Knowledge of SPA frameworks (React, VueJS, Angular) and CesiumJs.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, how to utilize and configure.
- Due to federal law on deemed export controls, it is not
possible to petition for an H1B work authorization. Applicants must
be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, temporary resident,
refugee or asylee.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Software-Applications-Developer-I_R-032993