Respiratory Therapy Clinical Assistant Professor
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Clinical Assistant Professor, Respiratory Therapy Programs
Department of Kinesiology
Position: Full-time, 9-month Clinical Assistant Professor, Respiratory Therapy Programs, Department of Kinesiology starting January 2021.
Responsibilities: The position is responsible for advising and teaching specialized undergraduate courses, with some graduate instruction possible; and may serve as practicum coordinator within respiratory care programs. The successful candidate will provide professional service and contribute to the University’s Diversity Plan. The successful candidate for this position will engage in high-quality online teaching and will participate in departmental governance, research and scholarship, and service activities.
Required Qualifications: Masters required in respiratory care, health science, education, or a related discipline from a regionally accredited university. Clinical experience as either a registered respiratory therapist (RRT) or physician is required. An active respiratory care practitioner license or eligible to obtain a license in North Carolina is required. Experience teaching in an academic respiratory therapy program or a combination of equivalent professional experiences are required.
Preferred Qualifications: A doctorate is preferred in a related field. Two years of college teaching experience in respiratory therapy is preferred. Advanced professional credentials/certifications (NPS, ACCS, RPFT, RPSGT, AE-C, etc) are preferred. Experience with distance education instruction is preferred but not required.
Highlights of the Position: The respiratory therapy degree advancement programs at UNC Charlotte are among only 16 programs with CoARC accreditation status, with the MSRC program being one of only two in the country. We offer an AS to MSRC option that allows students with an associate degree in respiratory therapy to complete the BSRT and MSRC requirements in three years 100% online. The program faculty work collaboratively to create and offer dynamic programs to help students achieve their professional goals and meet the needs of the profession.
1) Current resume or curriculum vitae
2) Cover letter / letter of interest
3) Unofficial transcripts
4) Contact information for three references
5) Research interest statement: please include a brief history of any past research and scholarship experience (e.g., journal publication, abstract poster presentation at a conference, or other professional presentation), any current research and scholarship activities (e.g., publications under review, upcoming abstract poster presentation at a conference, or collaborations) and the future work you are interested in completing (not to exceed two single-spaced page).
6) Teaching philosophy: please include highlights of your beliefs about effective and engaging teaching and learning, provides examples to illustrate your current practices, and how you will implement those practices in the context of respiratory therapy degree advancement programs, including how you may incorporate a commitment to diversity (not to exceed two single-spaced pages).
Questions: To inquire confidentially the position, please contact Dr. Kimberly Clark, Search Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Charlotte
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Charlotte
- Other Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Charlotte
- Professional Fields Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Charlotte
- Other Professional Fields Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Charlotte