The Environmental Science Department at United Tribes Technical College in Bismarck, ND is accepting applications for a full time 9-month, non-tenured Chemistry Faculty position starting spring 2021.
United Tribes Technical College is a small, Tribal College located in Bismarck, ND. The institution offers a variety of technical, associate, and bachelor degree programs. The Tribal Environmental Science Department (https://uttc.edu/academic-affairs/environmental-science-research/) is an active, interdisciplinary department, which provides associates degrees in Environmental Science and Pre-engineering and a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science and Research.
The primary responsibility for this position is undergraduate instruction. Faculty will teach an average 15 credits per semester. Candidates should demonstrate experience teaching introductory level chemistry to undergraduate learners. Faculty are also highly encouraged to pursue research efforts that can be integrated into curriculum or completed during summer months.
- Applicants must possess a MS in Chemistry from a regionally accredited university.
- Successful applicants will be familiar with analytical laboratory equipment and procedures such as Gas Chromatograph (GC), High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Atomic Absorption Spectrometry, and Microwave Digestion or similar instruments.
- Applicants should have an interest in working with undergraduate research students.
- A PhD in Chemistry, demonstrated experience in organic and analytical chemistry laboratory, experience working with undergraduate research students, undergraduate teaching experience, and experience engaging with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Willingness to write and manage grants that promote student and faculty research.
- Although not required, applicants with additional graduate coursework in physics is a plus.
See https://uttc.edu/careers/ for the official job announcement and to apply for this position.