Career Advisor, Business and Entrepreneurship
Career Advisor, Business and Entrepreneurship
Posting Number: R0003277
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
The Career Advisor for Business and Entrepreneurship Career Community is an essential member of the Career Development team working collaboratively and independently to connect Willamette University with opportunities in this career cluster. These initiatives and activities include: providing culturally informed one-on-one career advising, creating workshops and professional programs to connect students with opportunities, engaging and collaborating with faculty and alumni for events and classroom presentation and developing a robust employer relations strategy to increase internship and career opportunities within the community. This position will work in close collaboration with colleagues across campus, especially within the Atkinson Graduate School of Management.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide one-on-one career advising, skill development, and
support to undergraduate student at Willamette
- Design and deliver workshops and programs aimed at increasing
the career exploration and readiness of students interested in
business and entrepreneurship.
- Organize, recruit for, and attend events including alumni
speaker series, workshops, and site visits to employers.
- Maintain broad current knowledge of career and economic trends
and their impact on career paths.
- Liaise with Atkinson Graduate School of Management faculty and
staff, develop and maintain an active relationship with AGSM Career
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with employers in order to
build, create and maintain recruiting pipelines within various
- Connect with various faculty and present in classrooms and in
collaboration with various departments across campus.
- Build relationships with students, faculty, staff, alumni,
employers, parents, and donors in order to support students in
their career discovery.
- Develop innovative career programming in collaboration the
Career Development team and other key stakeholders to benefit
students at Willamette University.
- Track, maintain, and produce reports on student career data
(internship post-grad placement).
- Analyzes trends and assists department with continuous
- Assisting with programming coordinated by others in Career
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of career development theories, adult
development theory, counseling processes, career decision making,
learning styles, and job search strategies.
- Demonstrated track record of building and maintaining
relationships with a variety of constituents.
- Displays the ability to facilitate group discussions,
workshops, activities, presentations, and reflections.
- Knowledge or ability to quickly learn about Willamette
programs, career development, employers, alumni, and faculty needs
and expectations, recruiting and staffing methods, employment
- Ability to design and modify computer applications to meet
program needs, problem identification, presentation skills, verbal
communication, written communication, and organization
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultures and
- Advanced degree in related area and/or equivalent
experience/training highly preferred
- Relationship development and cultivation skills
- Experience in recruiting, human resources, or higher
Typical Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday 8:30-5pm, occasional evenings and weekends
This is an 11 month position with an approved salary range of $38,640-$42,320.
Position will be open until filled, application review will begin November 1st.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled Resume:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Career-Advisor--Business-and-Entrepreneurship_R0003277
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.