The American Dental Association is dedicated to promoting the public's health through its initiatives in research, education, advocacy, public awareness and the development of standards.
This position has responsibility for the test development activities essential to testing programs implemented by the Department of Testing Services (DTS). Responsibilities include: facilitation of test construction team (TCT) meetings including pre-meeting/preparation activities and post-meeting/follow-up activities, and ensuring the item bank and corresponding stimulus materials (e.g. radiographs, photographs, clinical images, 3D models, drawings) are updated based on meeting activities, volunteer input, and in alignment with department and governing body item development guidelines; facilitate external consultant activities for the development of test content; maintain and implement standardized procedures and pursue quality assurance measures to ensure high-quality testing programs.
- BS/BA with a minimum of 5 yrs. work experience which includes working on projects independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong experience in writing and editing.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment; balance multiple projects.
- Coordinate test development and test publishing activities with R & D and Test Administration units, plan, and prioritize.
- Must be attentive to detail and the ability to balance multiple projects.
- Excellent oral/written communication.
- Presentation skills.
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (WORD, EXCEL & PowerPoint)
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Prior experience working with item banking software or databases.
- Facilitating meetings in remote and in-person formats.
- Building and constructing tests, especially national high stakes examinations.
- Test publishing with computer-based testing vendors.
- Knowledge of dentistry.
- Knowledge of graphics/imaging software.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities