Assistant Director of Student Accounts
Assistant Director of Student Accounts
Reporting to the Director of Student Accounts, this individual will provide administrative support, new initiative, and special project and improve functional efficiency support.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience, and/or a sufficient combination of a relevant Associate’s degree and experience that demonstrates an ability to do the work
- Strong accounting and analytical skills with proven, effective application of those ideas into procedure
- Ability to analyze fiscal data and apply accounting principles to the accounts receivable and revenue functions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Assist the Director of Student Accounts in running the day-to-day operations of the department, to include management in the absence of the Director
- Support multiple software tools, data integrity, reporting and data sharing between college offices and vendors
- Perform duties involving student billing and ensure distribution
- Perform daily, monthly and yearly account reconciliations
- Coordinate and collaborate on the college’s on-line cashiering system, including upgrades, communication which ensures excellent student services
- Monitor and follow up with enrolled students to ensure financial clearance
- Represent Student Financial Services in advising and counseling students with affordability options
- Perform other duties as assigned
About the Department:
The Marist College Office of Student Financial Services is committed to providing affordability options and managing the equitable distribution of student aid funds. The office coordinates student employment both on and off campus, student billing, and financial literacy. We are dedicated to promoting accessibility through personalized service and integrity.
Located on the banks of the historic Hudson River and at its Florence, Italy campus, Marist College is a comprehensive, independent institution grounded in the liberal arts. Its mission is to “help students develop the intellect, character, and skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the global community of the 21st century.” Marist is consistently recognized for excellence by The Princeton Review (Colleges That Create Futures and The Best 385 Colleges), U.S. News & World Report (10th Best Regional University/North, 5th Most Innovative School/North), Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (“Best College Values”), and others. The College is top-ranked for long-term study abroad (#4 in the U.S.) by the U.S. State Department’s Open Doors report. Marist educates more than 5,000 traditional-age undergraduate students and 1,400 adult and graduate students in 47 undergraduate majors and numerous graduate programs, including fully online MBA, MPA, MS, and MA degrees, and also Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs. To learn more, please visit https://www.marist.edu/about
To learn more or to apply, please visit https://www.marist.edu/careers. Only online applications are accepted.
Marist College is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and is especially interested in receiving applications from members of ethnic and racial minority groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and persons from other under-represented groups.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie