The Research Associate performs complex research of an advanced nature under the general direction of Dr. Sanjiv Sur (PI). Requires a high-level of skills and expertise in the area of research specialty. Perform bench and translational research on molecular mechanisms of allergic disorders.
- Develops research techniques and performs applications required for specific research projects.
- Assists with processing of research lab experiments to include animal care in the laboratory.
- Assists PI with immunology based research experiments and reports findings to both Dr. Hosoki and Dr. Sur.
- May conduct literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- May supervise, schedule and coordinate the activities of less experienced research staff.
- Assist with placing consumables orders and including animal purchases for the completion of experiments within BCM's SRM portal.
- Education Required: Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Experience Required: Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; PD
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston