Registered Nurse II
The Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine section within the Department of Medicine seeking a Registered Nurse II with clinical and administrative responsibilities supporting the clinical operations. This individual will be the senior member of our clinical staff and will provide clinical and administrative guidance to the team. Duties include but are not limited to desktop/phone triage, patient procedure scheduling and follow-up, assisting with outpatient procedures and other tasks necessary to facilitate patient care. The position requires a person able to lead and work well with a diverse team.
- Ensures efficient operation of the clinic by scheduling and planning for use of staff, supplies, and equipment.
- Assists physicians with treatment room examination and procedures on patients.
- Schedules appointments, tests, and examinations with hospital and other doctor’s offices.
- Instructs patients concerning the preparations needed for tests and surgical procedures.
- Communicates with other health care professionals regarding orders and care of patients including peer to peer reviews, medication refills, pre-authorizations, etc.
- Executes physician orders and administers medications and treatments for patients and documents appropriately in EHR.
- Provides telephone triage to patients and ensure patients receive the right level of care.
- Monitors clinical staff members by directing, guiding, and influencing the outcome of an individual’s performance and activity.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; stocks, and orders treatment room and emergency cart supplies.
- Maintains a professional and cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests, and building rapport by participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Education Required: Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience as a licensed Registered Nurse (RN). Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Required: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.