The Human Genome Sequencing Center at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM-HGSC) is one of four large-scale sequencing centers funded by National Institutes of Health. As one of the four major centers in the United States, Baylor HGSC provides a unique opportunity to work with cutting edge genomic science. As part of the BCM-HGSC, Dr. Rui Chen group utilizes these cutting edge methods, such as the next generation sequencing, single cell genomics, and deep learning, in combination with cell culture, retinal organoid, and mice and non-human primate models, to identify and study the genetic and molecular mechanism underlying human visual system disorders. With a combination of both experimental and computational approach, Dr. Chen's group provides an excellent environment for interdisciplinary research focusing on genetics and genomics in the visual system. We currently have multiple positions open for postdoc fellow with either wet and/or dry lab training. We offer ample opportunities in cross training to further expand your skills. For applicants with the wet lab background, familiar with molecular biology, mice model, or cell culture is desired.
- Utilize molecular biology techniques.
- Generate and categorize mouse models of human disease.
- Perform functional assay using cell culture systems.
- Plan, direct, conduct and analyze specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Summarize research findings and publish results in research journals.
- Collaborate with other lab members.
- Develop independent research project gradually and apply for postdoc fellowship and/or transition grant (K awards).
- MD or Ph.D in Biology or related field.
- No experience required.
- Previous experience in mice genetics and cell culture.
- Familiar with molecular biology.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston