Part-Time Dentist, Dental Hygiene
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Kingwood
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-Kingwood, an innovative and dynamic community college located in the pine-forested suburbs of northeast Houston, has an opening for someone interested in working with a diverse group of colleagues who want to make a difference in the lives of students and grow professionally. Kingwood focuses on fulfilling individual dreams and enhancing community life and offers unique programs in respiratory care, computer gaming and dental hygiene.
Campus address is 20000 Kingwood Drive, Kingwood, TX 77339.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Under the supervision of the Dental Hygiene Program Director and working directly with the dental hygiene clinic coordinator, the clinical supervising dentist is responsible for delivering a quality educational experience for dental hygiene students. The major component of teaching is devoted to supervising dental hygiene comprehensive care at the first and second year clinical levels and assumes occasional didactic teaching responsibilities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and skill in a variety of computer usage and software are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse professional, community, and student population
- Possess good organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities
- Ability to keep skills and procedural knowledge updated with current technological advances
- Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand, and also working with the whole hand in order to hand le a variety of medical equipment
- Exerting up to 2 0 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body
- Close visual acuity to perform an activit ies such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing medical equipment/monitors ; viewing a computer terminal;
- Ability to distinguish colors in order to read medical equipment/monitors/charts etc.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Hours will vary depending on class times.¿ Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction as needed
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- DDS or DMD degree required.
- Current Texas license to practice professional dentistry required OR current Texas Dental Faculty license.
- Must have a minimum of three years in clinical practice.
- Knowledgeable of current technologies in clinic and appropriate to the area of instruction.
- Possess knowledge of, and demonstrates proficiency in, current concepts in dental hygiene, dental hygiene education, clinical instruction, general dentistry, and clinical practice.
- Willingness to utilize distance learning strategies and latest multi-media technologies.
Hourly Pay Rate is $51.12
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.