Sponsored Programs is a division of the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation to provide leadership in research administration, support the research endeavors of the faculty, ensure the responsible stewardship of research funding, and oversee the submission of proposals and the negotiation and acceptance of awards by the university.
The division is seeking a highly motivated and skilled contracts negotiator to join its team to provide comprehensive contract administration with an emphasis on industry sponsors and partners. The successful incumbent will be responsible for comprehensive contract administration including review and negotiation agreements and contracts with a variety of external sponsors and partners exercising sound decision-making and problem solving skills in the negotiation of contracts (including amendments, modifications, and subcontracts as necessary), and for assisting in the development of administrative procedures to comply with regulations affecting governmental and industry sponsored contracts. Will serve as a liaison between Sponsored Programs, Link, License, Launch, Scholarly Integrity and Research Compliance, Office of Export and Secure Research Compliance, Legal Counsel, Sponsor, Principal Investigator, post award and the pre-award proposal team as necessary to accomplish negotiation in a timely manner.
- Advanced degree (or bachelor’s degree plus progressively advanced experience) in Public or Business Administration, finance, law, or related field(s).
- Demonstrated financial and/or administrative experience in support of research.
- Significant experience and in-depth knowledge of federal and non-federal regulations and guidelines, cost principles, uniform administrative requirements for grants and audits of states, local governments, and non-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in the management and/or negotiation of complex contracts.
- Demonstrated leadership, independent initiative to interpret and apply applicable regulations, policies, and procedures in a university or an agency funding or conducting research.
- Demonstrated experience building processes and strategies to facilitate efficient and effective research administration and/or contract negotiations.
- Demonstrated experience and efficiency in the negotiation of complex contracts (such as those involving intellectual property, publication restrictions, export control, data use and data transfer agreements, confidential information and federal FAR clauses) as well as familiarity with federal and non-federal regulations and guidelines.
- Project administration and/or project management experience preferably in a Research setting.
- Knowledge of university administrative and/or accounting practices and procedures.
- Experience coordinating and leading group projects.
- Significant training delivery experience in a professional environment.
Commensurate with Experience
November 2, 2020
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lynn Byrd at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: October 1, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Public Administration & Policy Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg