Assistant Professor of Cardiology
The Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences of the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine announces a search to fill a tenure-track faculty position in cardiology at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The successful candidate will share service and teaching responsibilities with two other faculty cardiologists. The position will provide the opportunity to develop a collaborative research program in the discipline of cardiology with others throughout the Department, College and University
• The successful candidate will participate in didactic instruction in cardiology and related disciplines, clinical instruction of professional students in the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, and training of interns, residents and graduate students in various disciplines. The clinical cardiology service supports a residency training program, and the successful candidate will share responsibilities associated with resident training.
• Additional service responsibilities include consultations within the Veterinary Teaching Hospital and outside referring veterinarians, participate in continuing education programs of the College and participate in faculty governance activities.
• The applicant must be committed to excellence patient management, client service, and clinical teaching.
• Participation in departmental service activities, such as meetings, resident seminars, journal club and rounds is expected.
• Research responsibilities will vary based on the interest and qualification of the candidate and may include collaborative or translational research. The successful candidate will be encouraged to work within ongoing research programs and contribute to the scholarly achievements of the research team.
- DVM or equivalent foreign degree by appointment start date
- Successful completion of an approved residency training program by American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM- Cardiology) or the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ECVIM - Cardiology), by appointment start date
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal interactions
- Must be eligible for a Virginia Faculty Veterinary License by appointment start date
- Occasional travel to attend professional conferences and meetings
- Demonstrated Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Proficiency in Cardiology
- Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM- Cardiology) or the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ECVIM - Cardiology)
- Background in Clinicals
- Background in Research
- Background in Teaching
- Track Record of Scholarly activity
- Good at being a team player
Nov 1, 2020
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Keely Arbenz-Smith at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: October 2, 2020