This position reports to the Comparative& Regional Studies, Global Governance, Politics,& Security, and The United States Foreign Policy& National Security Academic Program Coordinator, but also works closely with the cluster Administrative Director.
Duties will include assisting with social media and program outreach, faculty support, data collection projects, participation in new student recruitment, and general student support. The position will assist the Academic Program Coordinator in a variety of large analytical projects over the course of the year but also the day-to-day administration of the programs in the cluster.
The Program Assistant will also help with general office support for the Comparative& Regional Studies, Global Governance, Politics,& Security, and The United States Foreign Policy& National Security Administrative cluster, including but not limited to administrative tasks, communications with students and community members, and assisting with special events.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- The Comparative& Regional Studies, Global Governance, Politics,& Security, and The United States Foreign Policy& National Security (CRS-GGPS-USFP for short) Administrative Cluster is seeking a program assistant to work part-time four or five days a week, full teleworking
- Preferably, the person hired would start during fall 2020 and continue through the 2020-2021 academic year as well
- Hours per week will be 20-27 hours.
Position’s Required Presence (subject to change due to the University’s operating status)
- Allow for telework
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- The applicant should possess good judgment, rigorous attention to detail, a demonstrated ability to take initiative, responsibility, and the ability to work with faculty and other university offices. Applicants should also have a strong attention to detail, the ability to multitask, excellent writing skills, good interpersonal skills, and comfort working in a formal office environment.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working in a professional office environment and previous experience with database or record management
- Experience with social media outreach (Twitter and Facebook) is a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- The CRS-GGPS-USFP Administrative Cluster services students and faculty in the Comparative and Regional Studies; Global Governance, Politics, and Security; and United States Foreign Policy and National Security Master’s programs.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- International Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.