Library Paraprofessional for Special Collections
Dixie State University Library seeks applicants for a collaborative and innovative library paraprofessional position in Special Collections & Archives. This position is an excellent opportunity to work with a team to develop and maintain access to digital and physical collections. This position reports to the Librarian (Head) of Special Collections & Archives. Additional information about the Library and Special collections can be found online at https://library.dixie.edu/ .
- Collection Description: provide narrative descriptions for collections and high-quality descriptive and technical metadata for digital objects in keeping with national standards and protocols.
- Collection Management & Organization: inventory, process, and maintain physical and digital collections organization and arrangement schemas to ensure long-term access and preservation, according to national best standards.
- Digital Conversion: coordinate the in-house digitization of archival materials and collections, including image capture, scanning, and digital conversion of audiovisual media, following accepted preservation and access guidelines and standards. Coordinate, in collaboration with the Library’s digital collections committee, the preservation of digital content.
- Oral History Project Management: oversee the successful completion of oral histories, including transcription, editing, indexing, cataloging, and online access, using digital collection software (OHMS and Omeka).
- Research Assistance: provide customer service and research assistance in the Reading Room, to help researchers find requested information.
- Provide back-up services to circulation desk as needed.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. An equivalent combination of post-secondary education and library experience will also be considered.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong organizational skills, as well as effective interpersonal, collegial and communication / presentation skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment, handle multiple proprieties, and able to accept new challenges in order to realize departmental and library goals.
- Experience with a digital repository, digitization processes and standards preferred.
- Knowledge of archival description and arrangement preferred.
- Familiarity with Dublin Core, MARC, LCSH, and XML preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time classified staff (overtime-eligible) position. Annual salary of $32,000 – $35,000, depending on qualifications and experience. Desired start date of December 1, 2020. Excellent benefits package included (see https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details).
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins October 26, 2020 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to providing students with an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles) with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State currently has approximately 12,000 students and has been a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education over the last several years. We offer over 210 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Digital Media Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George