Athletics Compliance Coordinator
Under the direction of the Senior Associate Athletic Director – Compliance, the Athletics Compliance Coordinator assists with the oversight of DSU’s compliance with NCAA policies and procedures for recruiting, admissions, financial aid, and all other aspects of NCAA rules and regulations. Information about the Athletics Compliance Coordinator can be found online at https://dixiestateathletics.com/ .
- Ensure compliance with NCAA, conference and university rules and regulations related to recruitment, eligibility, admissions, financial aid, housing and the physical welfare of student athletes. Monitors institutional adherence to these rules and regulations.
- Formulate and implement compliance strategies and systems for athletics programs and support services to ensure NCAA rules and regulations are followed.
- Prepare yearly policy and procedures manual.
- Oversee the Jump Forward program and implementation across the department. Responsible for Countable Athletically Related Activity (CARA), Audits, Playing and Practice seasons, recruiting calendars and Ticket program.
- Assist with all rules education of student-athletes, coaches, staff, faculty, boosters, and others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- At least one-year of NCAA Compliance work experience at the Division 1 level required.
- Experience with implementing Jump Forward forms/reports required; experience with Compliance Assistant (both NCAA compliance tools/programs) preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interact well with a wide range of people, from student athletes to academic administrators.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate athletics policies and procedures, both within Dixie State University and with NCAA, as well as the ability to stay abreast of any NCAA regulation changes that require changes to campus policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and to switch-task between competing priorities and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours during peak athletic seasons and compliance-related deadlines.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of $45,000; desired start date of November 16 or December 1, 2020. Excellent benefits package included (see https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details).
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins October 19, 2020 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to providing students with an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles) with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State currently has approximately 12,000 students and has been a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education over the last several years. We offer over 210 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - firstname.lastname@example.org , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - email@example.com , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, email@example.com , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Legal Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George