Help Desk Manager
Help Desk Manager
Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200 students across over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability & health, the arts & sciences and business & communications. Chatham has consistently been named a College of Distinction and a "Best College" by U.S. News & World Report, and--as the alma mater of environmental icon, Rachel Carson (Class of '29)--is perennially ranked as one of the greenest colleges in the United States by Sierra Magazine and the Princeton Review.
Chatham's mission is: "to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work...by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably." Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community.
Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA--one of the country's most livable cities and great college towns--Chatham is spread across three distinct locations: the historic arboretum, Shadyside Campus; Chatham Eastside in the fast-growing East End; and Eden Hall Campus, one of the world's most sustainable campuses.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
To help support the work of the University, we have an immediate opening for Helpdesk Manager
Position Reports To: CIO
Position Summary: The Helpdesk Manager position is the leader of the Helpdesk team within the Information Technology Services (ITS) Department. S/he is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Chatham University Helpdesk. This position is responsible for overseeing Chatham's One-to-One Tablet/Mac laptop program, collection of student hardware, receipt and inventorying of student and faculty hardware, imaging, deployment, and faculty / staff migrations. S/he will manage and maintain all functions of the service and repair desk, refining the program's deployment and maintenance procedures and policies, managing repair parts ordering and inventory, and managing Web Help Desk, Chatham's work ticket and inventory system, by prioritizing and delegating work orders submitted to Helpdesk. S/he is responsible for supporting the campus users in the use of IT resources. S/he will serve as a Tier 2 level support to the Tier 1 Helpdesk staff. S/he visits user locations when necessary and conducts training on campus systems. S/he works closely with the other ITS staff to ensure users are receiving the best service and support possible.
- Experience working with a diverse student population
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent
- General knowledge of Network infrastructure related hardware and OS software
- Competence using PC and MAC computer hardware and software in classroom, lab, office, and residential settings
- Broad knowledge of information technology including networking, file management, Microsoft Office applications, Internet and email systems
- Basic troubleshooting skills in PC and Mac hardware and software
- Ability to convey information in-person and in writing
- Ability to generate and distribute information through training sessions
- Technical writing skills to document instructions for users
- Good organization skills
- Manage repair services, both internal and external including repair insurance
- Desire to work with students, faculty and staff to facilitate the resolution of their problems
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
- Integrity, adaptability, sense of humor, independence, cooperativeness, and a strong work ethic
Duties and Responsibilities: The Helpdesk Manager works closely with several ITS staff to assure information technology service and support for the campus community:
- The Helpdesk Manager manages the University Helpdesk and User
Service Specialists who provide user support by:
- Working with University constituents to make sure the Service Level Agreement is being met and is appropriate
- Manages and provides Helpdesk staffing and support to the three University campus sites
- Provides management statistics and monthly reports from monitoring Helpdesk activity
- Provides tier 1 answers to user's questions and problems through phone conversations or on-site visits that cannot be handled in Helpdesk
- Assigns work orders to Systems, Networks, Web, Instructional, or Administrative teams through the campus ticketing system
- Escalates calls / work order tickets to the Systems, and Network team if resolution cannot be achieved in Helpdesk
- Reports warranty repairs and orders parts through GSX, Dell, and HP websites
- Performs hardware repair of desktops and system related equipment
- Hires, trains, schedules, and manages student work studies
- Ensures the smooth operation of the public computer labs, classroom labs, and media equipped classrooms
- Provides weekly KPI related statistics to the CIO
- Manages all University events providing media such as sound, projection, streaming and capturing, and vendor support
- The Helpdesk Manager instructs campus users
- Provides training to students, faculty and staff in the use of computer hardware, software, network services, and cybersecurity; training may be done one-on-one, in groups, or through written documentation
- Documents and develops training on campus IT resources
- The Helpdesk Manager is tasked with communicating important ITS
information to the University community by:
- Doing presentations to campus groups
- Producing informational and instructional material via the ITS website, blog, applications, and newsletter
- Help manage all Campus distribution email lists
- Support the University's Acceptable Use Policy
- The Helpdesk Manager performs other duties as required in support of the mission of the Information Technology Services Department and Chatham University.
Chatham University offers competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Actively Seeks Diverse Candidates
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh