Compensation/HR Systems Manager
Posting Job Title
Compensation/HR Systems Manager
Number of openings
The Manager of Compensation/ Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) is responsible for analyzing, documenting and maintaining necessary processes to ensure equitable compensation for all employees in a manner which maintains Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) compliance and is consistent with JCCC Human Resources practices and procedures. Responsibilities includes position control, compensation, oversight of various HRIS systems to ensure data accuracy and integrity, leadership of the Compensation and HRIS staff, and outreach to the campus, local, state and national higher education HR communities. It requires frequent interaction with the Vice President of Human Resources to work on special projects and ensure awareness of current issues.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Advanced computer skills (database, spreadsheet and word processing)
• 2 years' experience with HR business processes and/or business workflow
• Working knowledge of general compensation practices
• Proven experience on creating/maintaining detailed documentation on complex processes
• Possess strong interpersonal/communication skills and proven ability to explain complex information to stakeholders (internal managers, employees, co-workers, external vendors)
• Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks
• Ability to analyze complex problems, and balance discretion with initiative
•Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time with fluctuating priorities.
• Master’s degree or equivalent of education and experience
• Previous experience with HRIS
• Experience with Ellucian/Banner strongly preferred
• Experience in higher education strongly preferred
• Experience managing employee benefits preferred
Required application documents
Please submit a resume and cover letter with the application.
Hours per Week
Monday - Friday, 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
Salary Grade Level
Competitive rate of pay
Overland Park Main Campus
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other factors which cannot be lawfully considered, to the extent specified by applicable federal and state laws.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email Hr@jccc.edu.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc.) refer to the links on our Career page.
Advertised: 02 Oct 2020 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 16 Oct 2020 Central Daylight Time