Transfer Admission Counselor
Transfer Admission Counselor
Benedictine University is an inclusive academic community, inspired by the Catholic intellectual tradition and Benedictine values. We seek employees who will contribute to the advancement of our mission by helping students shape lives of meaning and purpose as engaged citizens who care for the Earth, welcome people of diverse faiths and cultures, and promote the common good.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Position Summary: Serve as a representative of the University to recruit prospective transfer students; primary function of the position is to promote the institution and its undergraduate & degree completion programs. Responsible for managing recruitment activities and community college counselor relationships within their assigned territory.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Manage the conversion of students through the admissions funnel within assigned territory. Respond to all questions and follow up with inquiries and applicants via telephone, text and email to increase engagement, conversion, yield, and retention. Keep applicants regularly informed of their application status, notify of deadlines and application decisions while also communicating with departments.
2. Develop and foster relationships with students through off-campus recruitment events. This includes devising a travel plan to schedule table visits through the Transfer Coordinator at our assigned feeder community colleges especially our partner sites. This will also include participating fairs on nights and weekends. Collaborate with admission team to create dynamic on campus events to drive admission prospects collect applications, convert admitted students and assist in registration/orientation of new students
3. Review applications for admission and scholarship consideration while managing all documentation required for applicants in addition, calculate cumulative grade point averages and unofficial transfer credit articulations.
4. Work with various university departments to assist in recruitment efforts (advising, financial aid, Registrar, athletics). Key collaboration with academic departments to achieve enrollment goals
5. Work with the Director of Admissions to provide data-based evaluation of the efficacy of recruitment strategies. Assess effectiveness of targeting strategies and communication channels for prospective students and applicants.
1. Must have a keen orientation to goal achievement, strong organizational and communication skills, capability to work in a fast-paced environment, high energy, enthusiasm, and self-motivation.
2. Exercising good judgment in establishing priorities; making appropriate decisions and problem-solving; effectively managing own time, territory and projects; and accepting or overcoming obstacles creatively and patiently
3. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
4. Collaborating with co-workers regarding new recruitment strategies, make suggestions to improve past strategies, and increases marketing opportunities.
Education : Bachelor’s Degree required
Experience: 1-3 years of of experience in sales/recruiting
Specific Skills: Key communication and organizational skills needed. Salesforce, Peoplesoft experience recommended
Licenses, Certifications: A valid Illinois Driver’s License is required.
Travel (If applicable): Regionally to various recruitment events/meetings
(if applicable): NA
Working Conditions: Ability to work evenings and some weekends.
Benedictine University does not discriminate in its admissions or educational policies, programs or activities; scholarship and loan programs; athletic and other University administered programs or employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The laws applicable to Benedictine University include constitutional and statutory protections of the University's rights as a religiously sponsored institution. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all employment and personnel practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, training and compensation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle