High School Outreach Representative
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverageSUMMARY: The primary outcome and urgent focus of this position is to add new student enrollment in undergraduate degree programs from recent high school graduates.These enrollment targets are set each year in the University budgeting process.Success in this role is defined by meeting or exceeding high school student inquiries, conversion and enrollment targets.
With limited supervision, the High School Outreach Representative markets the campus and program offerings to secondary education community partners in the local area to generate relationships, awareness, agreements and prospective students. This individual is responsible for industry knowledge related to degrees offered at the campus and regularly conducts local market research to target the secondary education market, including college counselors, professional pathways classes and programs, teachers and student organizations.In addition, the High School Outreach Representativeis responsible for managing a calendar of recruitment activities, such as presentations and fairs, meeting monthly and annual plans for outreach activities and the admissions funnel resulting in meeting set goals for new students.
The High School Outreach Representative must conduct activities in accordance with state, federal, accreditation, regulatory, and South University policies, consistent with the highest ethical standards. The High School Outreach Representative can expect regular travel within designated region. As with most externally focused positions, the individual should expect that a large percentage of time be spent in the community and not on the campus. This individual must be flexible with extended hours and days of work, when necessary, to meet the needs of partners and the campus.
The incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy: Quality services to students; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position. KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Collaborate often with campus Senior Director of Admissions, President and Academic leadership, to create, implement and monitor a multi-year high school recruitment plan aligned with the South University Strategic Initiative for “Strategic Alignment and Growth” through community outreach resulting in meeting new student enrollment goals through Admission Representatives.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships in the secondary education setting, including but not limited to; high school principals, counselors, teachers, co-curricular student organizations, home school organizations, board of education members, athletics, parent organizations, and others with a role in influencing student perceptions of South University
- Partner with admissions representatives, academic program directors and faculty to participate in ongoing inquiry and application producing activities, such as local and regional information meetings, college fairs, classroom presentations, career days, and the development of articulation agreements, targeted grants and dual enrollment.
- Schedule and conduct visits with appropriate high schools and community partners.Maintain a future calendar, recorded daily, and meet production goals.
- Analyzes ROI from events and reports results to Senior Directors of Admissions, Campus Leaders, AVC Admissions and Director of Local Marketing; perpetually seeks to eliminate historically weak activities, and identify new opportunities for enrollment growth.
- Partner with staff and faculty within the assigned campus to leverage existing relationships and expertise, and facilitate outreach among these individuals.
- Improve awareness and reputation of South University, including the history, academic programs and market differentiators.
- Plans, organizes, and executes on-campus events to generate interest in South University programs and drives campus visits, inquiries and agreements.
- Works closely with the Admissions and Academic teams to constantly improve the quality of prospective students and enrollment conversion.
- Identifies marketing materials for outreach and presentation purposes in collaboration with Local Marketing.
- Utilizes technology, public speaking skills, and all presentation materials to deliver effective multimedia presentations. Keeps abreast of current industry and approved South University school information to use for presentation purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Two years' experience in Higher Education or K-12 setting working with high school students preferred
- One years' experience in admissions, sales, training, partnership development or advising
- Computer literate on a windows platform; working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently, problem solve and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Develop and facilitate clear and effective presentations
- Lift and transport at least 20lbs of presentation materials.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other details Required Education Bachelor's Degree
- South University Tampa, FL, 4401 N. Himes Avenue, Tampa, Florida, United States of America