Administrative Staff, Clinical Coordinator
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coveragePOSITION SUMMARY: This position coordinates clinical placements for students in the Physician Assistant Program. Incumbent will be responsible for administrative duties of clinical rotation scheduling and assisting the faculty with clinical phase program evaluation.The Clinical Coordinator must also participate in activities that promote the stature of the department and the campus. Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Independently initiate clinical department activities.
- Collect, track and process data for student practicum and internships sites.
- Supervision of office procedures and operations.
- Guide students through the placement process and preparing application materials for submission and tracking at clinical sites
- Ensure proper documentation procedures with regard to contracts, students' evaluations.
- Oversee, administer and maintain forms required for the Clinical Education year within the PA Department.
- Basic administrative tasks for the Clinical Department Director and assist with special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- Three to five years of related experience in higher education or healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student population.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office) skills.
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set ones own priorities and work schedule.
- Ability to supervise part time student workers.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other details Required Education Bachelor's Degree
- South University West Palm Beach, FL, 9801 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach, Florida, United States of America
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Other Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach