Director, Business Services
Director, Office of Small Business & Vendor Diversity
The Director for Small Business and Vendor Diversity, reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Business Services, is responsible for administering the university’s Small Business and Vendor Diversity program. The director provides leadership in advancing the university’s commitment to optimal utilization of diverse small businesses in university procurement opportunities. The director develops programs and services to raise awareness of, and to seek out, identify, and support diverse small businesses including minority-, women-, and veteran-owned, to facilitate their increased utilization by university departments. The director creates and maintains collaborative relationships with campus and local community leaders and diverse small business owners to foster an environment where opportunities for participation in procurement activities by diverse small businesses are available, accessible, and optimized.
In addition to program leadership and collaboration with campus partners on small business and vendor diversity initiatives, the director is responsible for comprehensive reporting, program marketing, and general program support for strategic initiatives in Business Services.
The director is a key member of team of professionals in Business Services who are responsible for management and oversight of business and service units that provide essential services to students and the UF community including food and beverage services, vending, the UF Bookstore, campus mail services, printing services, and Small Business and Vendor Diversity.
A criminal background will be conducted.
Commensurate with experience
Master's degree in an appropriate area and six years of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and eight years of relevant experience.
Valid driver license
• Proven track record of successful management of a small business and vendor diversity program in a college or university setting
• Demonstrated leadership skills including consensus building and collaboration skills
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated planning and organization skills
• Demonstrated ability to perform data analysis, interpret results, and recommend and implement solutions based on findings
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Information Technology, specifically data management and basic computer applications and software
• Budget planning and management experience
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects or tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge