A/V and IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager II
UF Information Technology (UFIT) is currently seeking an A/V and IT Project Manager to join Academic Technology, a unit within UFIT.
Employment with UFIT provides an excellent opportunity to work with other employees dedicated and focused on understanding and interpreting the technological needs of the University of Florida’s innovative and inspirational community.
Responsibilities of this position include project management and coordinating the AV and IT components of construction/renovation projects for learning and collaboration spaces throughout the University of Florida.
Some key responsibilities and characteristics of this position are:
- Project management for AV/IT components of classroom renovations. This position is responsible for working with UF administration, UF Facilities Services leadership and staff, UF Planning Design and Construction project managers, and contractors on classroom and other renovation projects, insuring that contractors, UF Facilities and other service providers complete work accurately and on-time. The incumbent will coordinate physical renovation project contractors with AV/IT as required to produce top quality, highly functional and aesthetically pleasing University facilities based on current research and pedagogical approach to learning space design.
- This position facilitates project management of classroom technology, conference rooms and collaboration work spaces, installation, maintenance, and deployment AV/IT projects on the UF campus. This work includes consultation with A/V designers, integrators, installers, IT staff and AV/IT contractors to develop appropriate solutions to meet campus needs, schedule and resource projects, oversee all aspects of the project, and report and assess on the completion of the project.
- Learning space and A/V system design. This position designs multimedia systems and instructional spaces for instructional and conferencing use. Space and system designs are done using computerized design software. Computerized space floor plans and elevations are produced as needed.
- Present data-informed recommendations and results to university units and representatives based on client input and project perimeters. Through collaboration with other units, assists in managing the overall university learning space portfolio for highest advantage of university constituents.
- Periodically provide direction, guidance and assistance to A/V installers or technicians on the job site to ensure work is completed to standards.
$68,200 - $70,000 annually, commensurate based on education and experience. In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package.
Master’s degree and two years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience but does not negate the minimum degree requirement(s).
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Master’s Degree in Educational Technology or related field
- Advanced current knowledge and understanding of audio/visual technologies and how they are used in education
- Understanding of educational theory and practice
- PMI Certification
- Evidence of leadership qualities and ability to network with clients and others in the field.
- Designing learning spaces and AV/IT systems in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of current technology integration process and methods.
- Strong project management experience.
- Exemplary communication skills.
- Customer service and technical contact - To explain complex, highly technical information to non-technical colleagues using clear, simple language
- Current and emerging audio/video technologies
- Learning space design in higher education setting
- Applicable UF policies and regulations, building codes, ADA, and other rules and regulations impacting the design of classroom learning and collaboration spaces.
- Manage multiple tasks to deadlines
- Communicate progress at regular intervals
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Plan, organize and coordinate work assignments with minimal supervision
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume and/or CV
- Professional References (Minimum of 3)
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge