Assistant Professor - Medical Administrative Programs
Work Site Location: Coeur d'Alene Campus
Work Schedule and Hiring Range: This position works nine months and is paid over 12 months. See the Faculty Salary Structure for more details.
This position is responsible for providing instruction and serving as advisor to students enrolled in the Medical Administrative Assistant, Medical Billing Specialist, Medical Receptionist, and Health Information Fundamentals Programs each semester and during NIC’s six-week summer session. This position coordinates with the Division Chair to ensure the Medical Administration programs are supported and managed in an efficient manner.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check.
This list includes but is not limited to the following:
- Teaches a minimum of 15 equivalent credit hours per semester as assigned and maintains additional weekly contractual hours, including a minimum of five office hours, five campus hours and five discretionary hours divided between office and campus hours for a total of 30 hours on campus per week.
- Utilizes non-traditional delivery methods including Internet.
- Selects appropriate learning resources for students, being mindful of cost for the student; prepares class presentations and handouts for electronic distribution; and prepares a syllabus for each course each semester.
- Evaluates student learning outcomes according to description in the syllabus and delivers grades to the registrar on time.
- Maintains current training regarding use of software and equipment needed to accomplish teaching and advising responsibilities.
- Advises students using the recommended procedures as outlined in the College Advising Handbook.
- In coordination with colleagues, identifies student-learning outcomes; develops process and tools for assessment and incorporates results in order to modify instruction and materials in general education, degree program, course cluster, and/or certificate program.
- Participates in curriculum development.
- Serves on college committees.
- Provides mentorship for adjunct faculty and orients associate faculty as needed.
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Cultivates effective public relations with various community agencies/service providers and/or educational partners.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
- May teach evenings and/or weekends.
Program Coordinator Responsibilities
- Participates in the development of and assumes responsibility for respective program budget.
- Ensures good working condition and facilitates repair of program equipment.
- Maintains program inventory.
- Coordinates with Idaho State University’s Health Information Technology program director to ensure coursework articulates to their program.
- Coordinates with neighboring university Bachelor of Applied Science programs for articulation.
- Places and supervises student interns, and assists with job placement.
- Coordinates advisory committee meetings at least twice annually for input regarding program relevancy, updated technology, adequate equipment and facilities, and student placement.
- Stays abreast of new developments in the medical office and medical billing industries.
- Assists in selecting and mentoring adjunct faculty for the program as needed.
- Assists the division chair in preparing for 5-year program review including providing narrative answers on the program review template and selecting the program review team.
- Reviews the North Idaho College catalog on an annual basis with regard to program curricula and makes appropriate recommendations for changes based on new technology and advisory committee input.
- Assists the division chair and senior administrative assistant in the development of the course schedule each semester.
- Participates in student recruitment events and activities.
- Networks with employers in the local healthcare community.
- Coordinates with Idaho Career and Technical Education (CTE) in regard to statewide program initiatives.
- Mentors dual credit high school teachers as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience : Associate’s Degree and 6 year(s) of experience
Additional Minimum Qualifications : Associate’s Degree in Medical Administrative Assistant, Medical Billing Specialist, Health Information Technology, Healthcare Administration or related field plus six years of full-time work experience in medical office management, medical billing, and/or Health Information Technology; or a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business Education, Health Information Technology, Healthcare Administration or related area plus three years of medical office-related work experience.
Required License and/or Certifications :
- Must possess or be able to obtain Idaho state career technical teaching certification.
- Registered Health Information Technology (RHIT) credential preferred.
- Must possess or be eligible to earn a coding credential, such as Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or the Certified Coding Associate (CCA) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credential, within six months of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of students, faculty, and staff from multi-cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Strong software application skills using Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of medical terminology, medical coding, medicolegal issues, grammar, electronic health records, medical practice management software, document formatting, records management, and business office procedures.
- Ability to develop and teach courses using an online learning management system.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone and copier.
Advertised: 02 Oct 2020 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: 16 Oct 2020 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Other Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Other Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene