Assistant Professor - Associate Degree Nursing
Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
Work Schedule and Hiring Range: This position works nine months and is paid over 12 months. See the Faculty Salary Structure for more details.
This position is responsible for serving as an instructor in the Associates Degree Nursing Program and providing support to students enrolled in the program. The Associates Degree Nursing Program is accredited through the Accreditation Commission of Education in Nursing.
- Teaches a minimum of 15 equivalent credit hours per semester as assigned and maintains additional weekly contractual hours, including a minimum of five office hours, five campus hours and five discretionary hours divided between office and campus hours for a total of 30 hours on campus per week
- Utilizes non-traditional delivery methods including Internet, IVC and learning management platforms
- Becomes familiar with the assigned textbook(s), prepares class presentations and handouts for electronic distribution, and prepares a syllabus for each course
- Prepares, gives, and grades tests and homework and delivers grades to the registrar on time
- Receives training in and keeps skills current in using the electronic and physical equipment and software necessary to accomplishing teaching and advising responsibilities
- Advises students using the recommended procedures as outlined in the College Advising Handbook
- Identifies student-learning outcomes; develops process and tools for assessment; incorporates results in order to modify instruction and materials in general education, degree program, course cluster, and/or certificate program, in coordination with colleagues
- Establish and cultivate effective public relations with various community agencies/service providers, educational partners and with the Idaho Board of Nursing and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- Orient adjunct faculty and/or clinical associates
- Conduct campus laboratory activities and clinical instruction
- Develop and update Nursing curricula in collaboration with faculty colleagues and under the supervision of the Director of Nursing
- Participates in student recruitment, curriculum development, and serves on college committees
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings
- Participates in professional development activities
- Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college. Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, faculty, colleagues, staff, students, and the community.
- May teach evenings/nights and/or weekends
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education : Master's Degree in nursing is required.
Additional Minimum Qualifications : Professional and/or teaching experience in nursing; recent medical/surgical clinical experience (within the last three years) is required.
Required License and/or Certifications : Must be able to obtain an Idaho State Nursing License and a Washington State Nursing License.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
• Ability to use a personal computer and associated peripherals and current version of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, Internet, and alternative delivery systems (e.g., internet and interactive video) at a proficient level.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone and copier
Advertised: 02 Oct 2020 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: 06 Nov 2020 11:55 PM Pacific Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Nursing Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene