The position requires teaching the undergraduate courses in
Computer Information Systems. The courses are 3 credit hour courses
and may meet once, twice, or three times a week, as per
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Teach undergraduate classes in Computer Information Systems.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Master of Business Administration or a specialized Master’s degree
from a regionally accredited institution.
The degree should include eighteen graduate credit hours within
Computer Information Systems; or the applicant should have
significant work experience in Computer Information Systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse
population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of
the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.